Mullen hires Larry Scott for TE coach

I think Larry Scott was a decent tight ends coach for us but actually working for a coach that knows how to coach and not being handcuffed may prove that he's better than just a decent positions coach. Good luck to coach Scott, he was well liked for a reason by the players and other coaches. Butchy never gave him a chance to actually try and succeed as the oc for us.

Reactions: 4 people
Reactions: 2 people
I think Larry Scott was a decent tight ends coach for us but actually working for a coach that knows how to coach and not being handcuffed may prove that he's better than just a decent positions coach. Good luck to coach Scott, he was well liked for a reason by the players and other coaches. Butchy never gave him a chance to actually try and succeed as the oc for us.

Cmon, the guy coached for his job and didn’t do any better. Fact is neither Jones or Scott can flat out coach. All that “time” he allegedly spent with Debord was fluff and filler. Tennessee got by on Talent at TE not coaching.

I don’t think it’s Jones on field actions that are the reason he doesent have a job it’s the calls to Tennessee that are doing him in.

Reactions: 1 person
Unless Butch Jones led every practice session with every position group, which is impossible, then there is plenty of blame to go around outside of just CBJ. I can't think of a single position group that showed dramatic signs of improvement over the last 5 years or so other than running backs. That position has remained pretty solid and he has remained on the staff.

Reactions: 4 people
Great hire for the Vols.

200.gif

It might have not been his fault but his first year at te coach wasn’t great at all. Our tight ends had an awful year.

VN Store

Back