Kiffin just hired a 24 yr old OC

Hoosier_Vol

Vol Stuck in B1G 10 Hell
Lane Kiffin has found a replacement for Kendal Briles at FAU, as the Owls head coach is hiring 24-year-old Charlie Weis Jr. as the team's new offensive coordinator, a source confirmed to Field Yates of ESPN.

Weis, who will be the youngest coordinator at the FBS level, served on the Atlanta Falcons' staff last season after originally joining the FAU staff as tight ends coach.

Cheeseburger Charlie must be proud of junior he’s rising up
the ranks pretty damn fast

If he does well a power 5 program will scoop him up in no time

Cheeseburger Charlie must be proud of junior he’s rising up
the ranks pretty damn fast

If he does well a power 5 program will scoop him up in no time

How do we know he's done well thus far? Falcons are re-building their offensive staff this year due to a disappointing season on that side of the ball. Is he really the OC at FAU? Cmon if you believe that.

College coaching is the only business I know that a 24 yr old who has accomplished basically nothing at a organization at the top of the industry (NFL) can get a job making a couple hundred k solely based on daddy's name.

How do we know he's done well thus far? Falcons are re-building their offensive staff this year due to a disappointing season on that side of the ball. Is he really the OC at FAU? Cmon if you believe that.

College coaching is the only business I know that a 24 yr old who has accomplished basically nothing at a organization at the top of the industry (NFL) can get a job making a couple hundred k solely based on daddy's name.

Why would Kiffin hire him if he didn’t impress him in the interview?

Kiffin is the head coach so he obviously needs somebody to handle a lot of the day to day on offense

Maybe he won’t be calling plays right away but that don’t mean he isn’t there on his own merit

Nick Saban and Dan Quinn are 2 pretty damn good coaches that he’s been learning under the last few years I’d say he seems to be on the right track

I think people like hiring coaches sons that got into coaching themselves because they’ve been around it and grown up in it most of their lives

Kyle Shannanan sure seems to be doing pretty well for
himself

I know Kiffin had Briles son as his OC last year

Reactions: 1 person
I know nothing about the guy. But Kiffin has pinpointed good coaches before so I'll assume he will be fine with this guy. My only question. Does Jr. Have FRONT BUTT like his daddy? Hahahaha

Kiffin knows what scheme and what plays he's running next season. And anytime the offense isn't taking what the defense is giving Kiffin will make the correction. Think Kirby Smart on the other side of the ball.

Reactions: 1 person
Kiffin knows what scheme and what plays he's running next season. And anytime the offense isn't taking what the defense is giving Kiffin will make the correction. Think Kirby Smart on the other side of the ball.

This.

Lane runs that offense, this guy just gets the OC title.

Why would Kiffin hire him if he didn’t impress him in the interview?

Kiffin is the head coach so he obviously needs somebody to handle a lot of the day to day on offense

Maybe he won’t be calling plays right away but that don’t mean he isn’t there on his own merit

Nick Saban and Dan Quinn are 2 pretty damn good coaches that he’s been learning under the last few years I’d say he seems to be on the right track

I think people like hiring coaches sons that got into coaching themselves because they’ve been around it and grown up in it most of their lives

Kyle Shannanan sure seems to be doing pretty well for
himself

I know Kiffin had Briles son as his OC last year

kiffin is also the son of a coach

VN Store

Back