Freeze interviews at bama

It's like kissing the Popes ring for dispensation. Coaches can resurrect a career under Saban's tutelage. See Kiffin as my example. I ain't mad at Saban or Freeze either one.

It's genius really, more for Freeze than Saban. Freeze got a one year show-cause as a head coach. He gets hired as an OC and the penalty doesn't apply.

In theory, we could see Freeze again as a HC in 3 years.

This really does show that Saban has no soul and thinks (slash thinks) he can get away with anything.

I think Freeze's name was hinted with the UT OC position and I imagine the reaction would have been Schiano like had anything come of it. Best we know, he never got an interview.

This guy was fired with cause for some pretty scandalous ****, and he might get hired at Bama? Bama fans will eat it up like Pablum. Hell, Saban will have this ******* leading the team prayer.

On another note it shows you how bad Botch Jones is, that Freeze can get considered for the premiere SEC OC job in the country, while he's packing lunches for his kids.

I"m hearing that Freeze is more likely to be offered an analyst position. Not ruling out that he gets the OC job, but I don't think he's the #1 candidate.

I doubt he really controlled him. Took the media away from him is about all he did with Joey Freshwater.

That's about 90% of the challenge with Kiffin though, isn't it? Kiffin knew he needed a good stint there to resurrect his career, so he had more of an incentive to be on better behavior as well.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back