Roquan Smith Declares for 2018 NFL Draft

He’s not too small, 6’ 1” 225. The NFL is moving towards faster linebackers, who are naturally a little lighter, to keep up with the offenses of today. He’s the #1 rated ILB heading into the draft.

Poor guy probably doesn't even realize you shredded his argument against with a single post. Take Deion Jones for instance. He is a perfect example of what a lot of NFL teams are looking for in terms of an NFL inside linebacker nowadays.

That being said, it is kind of adorable that D4H pretends to be knowledgable on football. Maybe he dresses up on draft day and pretends he is making the picks or grabs a phone and pretends to be calling all his favorite players (the ones he cut pictures out of Athlon Sports of and taped to his walls) to tell them he drafted them to his team.

Reactions: 4 people
Good player but a lil too small to be elite in the NFL.

Same was said about Lavonte David, Debo Jones, and Telvin Smith

Now they are 3 of the best OLBs in the league

Being small and fast is no longer a downside in the league matter fact it’s what coaches look for these days

The 250lb LBs are a thing of the past

Last edited:
Good player but a lil too small to be elite in the NFL.

Reuben Foster weighs 228 and just had a spectacular rookie season. Pro football focus ranked him as the fourth best linebacker in the league this past season. A lot of personnel directors and head coaches don’t want 250 pound middle linebackers anymore.

Last edited:
Size aside the kid is one of the best instinctive players I have ever seen. It seems like he was involved in every single defensive play and he can deliver a lick. Kirby Smart compared him to CJ Mosley both size and athleticism and Mosley has kicked butt at the next level.

Reuben Foster weighs 228 and just had a spectacular rookie season. Pro football focus ranked him as the fourth best linebacker in the league this past season. A lot of personnel directors and head coaches don’t want 250 pound middle linebackers anymore.

How can that be if Bama never has any NFL stars??? I am being sarcastic obviously but that's a certain someone's narrative.

It should come as no surprise that D4H had Foster listed as one of his least favorite picks in the draft.

It should come as no surprise that D4H had Foster listed as one of his least favorite picks in the draft.

Nope, not surprised .. anyone with an eye patch and a glass eye could have seen Foster would be a really good NFL player .. D4H uses words like "elite" and "special" and (my personal favorite) "all-time special" to try to stress his prowess when judging talent isn't really his thing.

And he just got arrested for weed in Alabama.

Anyone who thinks this guy will play in the league for long time is fooling himself.

PFF is not infallible. They're rankings are typically laughable.

And he just got arrested for weed in Alabama.

Anyone who thinks this guy will play in the league for long time is fooling himself.

It’s the offseason why can’t he smoke some trees only thing they care about is will he pass his drug tests during the season

It’s a shame anybody gets “arrested” for weed these days it should be a ticket unless he was dumb enough to have over an oz

Reactions: 1 person
Still doesn’t change the fact that you’re comment about smith being too small is beyond retarded

Have you watched the nfl lately? Like at all there’s guys his size ballin everywhere you look

It’s the offseason why can’t he smoke some trees only thing they care about is will he pass his drug tests during the season

It’s a shame anybody gets “arrested” for weed these days it should be a ticket unless he was dumb enough to have over an oz

I agree on principle. But the NFL is the one with the silly rule he apparently is incapable of following. Look at what happened to Josh Gordon. I can see the same thing happening to Foster.

Just saw a player that is 100x the linebacker Roquan Smith is. Remember this name.

Leighton Vander Esch.

Future Hall of Famer and easily the best defensive player in the 2018 NFL Draft.

Just saw a player that is 100x the linebacker Roquan Smith is. Remember this name.

Leighton Vander Esch.

Future Hall of Famer and easily the best defensive player in the 2018 NFL Draft.

Hmm, CBS mock drafter moves Vander Esch into his 1st round, D4H "sees" him that afternoon.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-jets-trade-up-for-sam-darnold-christian-kirk-lands-with-patriots/

Last edited:
Hmm, CBS mock drafter moves Vander Esch into his 1st round, D4H "sees" him that afternoon.

2018 NFL Mock Draft: Jets trade up for Sam Darnold, Christian Kirk lands with Patriots - CBSSports.com

I think you know me by now that I just don't go with the consensus.

I make my own conclusions on prospects after watching them.

There is nothing wrong with seeing the guys out there people are touting and then reviewing their film. Especially small school guys who I don't get a chance to watch during the college football season.

FTR it wasn't CBS that led me to Vander Esch. It was Mike Mayock who had him ranked as the 3rd best inside linebacker in the draft. I had never heard of him so decided to watch tape on him.

I think you know me by now that I just don't go with the consensus.

I make my own conclusions on prospects after watching them.

There is nothing wrong with seeing the guys out there people are touting and then reviewing their film. Especially small school guys who I don't get a chance to watch during the college football season.

FTR it wasn't CBS that led me to Vander Esch. It was Mike Mayock who had him ranked as the 3rd best inside linebacker in the draft. I had never heard of him so decided to watch tape on him.

Tape or season highlights?

VN Store

Back