LSU returning to it's pre-Saban glory

Those hires have a very distinct Butch Jones flavor to them. Probably will end up with similar sub-par results.

Anyone thinking Orgeron was a good solution to firing Miles was living in fantasyland.

Reactions: 7 people
Now that I think about it wit Guice leaving LSU this should be the first year LSU doesn’t a big time RB they can count gonna be a bunch of guys I never really heard of

Not sure if the Williams guy is back but if he’s gone they are really screwed

LSU's coaching search, while not UT-esque, definitely went sideways. Couldn't get Herman or Jimbo. Settled for Coach O. Proves the firing is the easy part. Must be a bitter pill to see Jimbo at A&M. I predict no better than 4th in SEC West next 2ys and Coach O is fired After going 8-4 and 7-5.

Now that I think about it wit Guice leaving LSU this should be the first year LSU doesn’t a big time RB they can count gonna be a bunch of guys I never really heard of

Not sure if the Williams guy is back but if he’s gone they are really screwed

How they are not near the top of the list for Harold Joiner is beyond me.

I’m sure LSUISU will justify this as a good move.

I didn't read the article because the title of the article is clickbait. So, I don't know what its about... other than another article that LSU isn't going to win another game again.... just like all the stupid fans out on this forum saying Orgeron wasn't even going to finish the season. Its really hard to a discussion when people now a days are so wacked on the internet. I am only going off your post of "move" to guess what the article is about.

Well, you can go through my history and I have said for years coaches come and go. Furthermore, you probably saw me say a good chance Canada wasn't going to be back and that was months ago, and that Aranda has been the key to the LSU coaching staff.

My grade on Coach O is a solid B, last year I would say B+. Its easy to say one team should be doing better when you have no idea what it took to get there... I was very much worried LSU wouldn't be bowl eligible after seeing the lack of personnel on the OL/DL. This is something Coach O actually spoke about in the offseason... nobody believed him.

Generally speaking I think Coach O has made almost all the right decisions... although Canada might be considered a wrong move. I would even give Canada a B grade... the lack of OL personnel was no joke.

I would have liked to see Canada for another season, but there is some strong personalities and it was already known by the beginning of October that he probably wasn't going to come back. To be honest, not sure what there is to discuss... generally speaking I give Orgeron a solid B.... I would say he has done an A job in getting OL/DL either by transfers or recruitments.

I can't predict the future, but its hard to see the wheels coming off for next season as the defense is now back up to full strength even with the 2 CBs declaring. Aranda was playing with a half a deck of cards most of the year. To me the year the wheels could have fell off the bus was this year after Troy, and the lack of personnel.

Canada did an okay(solid) job to me, not sure if that is what the article is about... but actually most of LSU's stats were slightly down this year... but there is a reason for that as well... no OL... I think Canada did well considering everything.

How they are not near the top of the list for Harold Joiner is beyond me.

A spot for Joiner has probably sailed especially with who LSU has lined up for next year at RB. To be honest, unless he is playing WR, he is a pass.... very good athlete... not a LSU RB. imo I would have no issue with LSU signing him but man, hard to see that working out for him at RB... especially at LSU. I'm not hating on him, he is a very good athlete but I just don't see a SEC back there at all. He would be doing himself a big favor by finding a different position if he plans on being in the SEC. Unless there is a surprise, LSU is most probably done at RB for this year, although if there was a spot they might have signed Joiner during the early signing period. LSU is down to 4 spots remaining and Joseph, Surtain, Chase, and Goodrich are all much bigger priorities.... especially with the 2 CBs declaring for the NFL.

My guess LSU finishes with
1. Joseph (S) - commit
2. Surtain (CB)
3. Goodrich (CB)
4. Chase or Keys (WR)

Outside looking in if any of those fall through, I think Washington and Foucha could be very good players... they are just a tad undersized:
- Washington (S)
- Foucha (S)
- Beal (TE)
- Williams (DE/LB)

Unlikely:
- Foster (QB)
- Joiner (RB)

Other than a QB, I think LSU generally got what they want out of this recruit cycle... no QB is a worry though.

It was a Ron Higgins article on NOLA on the hiring of an OC that has not had that title in 20 years and a 73-year old WR coach. He is not predicting zero wins, but does seem to have some concerns that you obviously do not share. That's all it is, nothing sinister unless you just don't like hearing contrary opinions.

It was a Ron Higgins article on NOLA on the hiring of an OC that has not had that title in 20 years and a 73-year old WR coach. He is not predicting zero wins, but does seem to have some concerns that you obviously do not share. That's all it is, nothing sinister unless you just don't like hearing contrary opinions.

Oh, I neither agree or disagree... if someone produces a clickbait title... why would I waste the time (I didn't read the article). The title doesn't say something about concerns, yes, the title of the article is sinister in nature, or clickbait.

Funny how nobody confesses to their own bad calls which includes a good majority of people on this forum. As to my opinion of Orgeron, I think he has done decent, does that mean I think it will be smooth sailing - absolutely not. LSU has to improve or eventually he will be in the hot seat.... do I think someone would have done better than him... most probably wouldn't have. (my guess)

I think he is the right guy for the job, meaning the options last year... considering everything... the best option was taken. (I could eventually be wrong for sure, we shall see)

Oh, I neither agree or disagree... if someone produces a clickbait title... why would I waste the time (I didn't read the article). The title doesn't say something about concerns, yes, the title of the article is sinister in nature, or clickbait.

Funny how nobody confesses to their own bad calls which includes a good majority of people on this forum. As to my opinion of Orgeron, I think he has done decent, does that mean I think it will be smooth sailing - absolutely not. LSU has to improve or eventually he will be in the hot seat.... do I think someone would have done better than him... most probably wouldn't have. (my guess)

I think he is the right guy for the job, meaning the options last year... considering everything... the best option was taken. (I could eventually be wrong for sure, we shall see)

No skin off my nose whether you read the article or not, but your comments about how you think Orgeron is doing are on a completely different subject than the article. You kind of get close, opining about Canada, but the article is only peripherally about Orgeron/Canada since he is the one doing the hiring and Canada was the one he fired. You may infer that the author is not convinced Orgeron will get the job done based on his hires. I did, and tend to agree, but I only care in the sense that I am interested in football in general but could not care less about what is really happening in Baton Rouge.

If you are not going to reply relevant to the topic (meaning read the article linked), maybe you should just consider starting a new thread about the grade and performance you give Coach O this season.

Either way, I was just trying to help you out so you could keep the thread relevant to the original post.

Reactions: 4 people
No skin off my nose whether you read the article or not, but your comments about how you think Orgeron is doing are on a completely different subject than the article. You kind of get close, opining about Canada, but the article is only peripherally about Orgeron/Canada since he is the one doing the hiring and Canada was the one he fired. You may infer that the author is not convinced Orgeron will get the job done based on his hires. I did, and tend to agree, but I only care in the sense that I am interested in football in general but could not care less about what is really happening in Baton Rouge.

If you are not going to reply relevant to the topic (meaning read the article linked), maybe you should just consider starting a new thread about the grade and performance you give Coach O this season.

Either way, I was just trying to help you out so you could keep the thread relevant to the original post.

:hi:

I agree.

I will say this, its titles to articles like that and how people overreact to things due to the interwebs which has basically turned me off the just about anything in the media and even forums. People are so over the top.

As far as Canada, I thought it was a push year, meaning... he did okay with a bad hand, and it would have been interesting to see another year. With that said, Coach E did well I thought, I am not sure he is going to be enough.

Most of the stuff on LSU over the past 24 months you would have thought they went 0-8 in the East... no LSU is not great... I actually said they were bad in the beginning of the year... generally they got better each week until the Notre Dame game.... some of that has to go to the coaching staff. There was negatives in the year, and the issues between Coach O and Canada is not a positive.

I will leave it at that... and everyone can get on with the hate fest... like any of this matters anyhow. LOL

:hi:

I agree.

I will say this, its titles to articles like that and how people overreact to things due to the interwebs which has basically turned me off the just about anything in the media and even forums. People are so over the top.

As far as Canada, I thought it was a push year, meaning... he did okay with a bad hand, and it would have been interesting to see another year. With that said, Coach E did well I thought, I am not sure he is going to be enough.

Most of the stuff on LSU over the past 24 months you would have thought they went 0-8 in the East... no LSU is not great... I actually said they were bad in the beginning of the year... generally they got better each week until the Notre Dame game.... some of that has to go to the coaching staff. There was negatives in the year, and the issues between Coach O and Canada is not a positive.

I will leave it at that... and everyone can get on with the hate fest... like any of this matters anyhow. LOL

No sweat.

I read stuff, but I am a skeptical reader until the end.

I think you are right about Canada. He was not playing with a full deck and performance on the field this year is not necessarily on him. I guess if you and the head coach don't see eye to eye, somebody has to go, and it is rarely the head coach.

LSU is LSU. I could coach them to a 7-5 season. I don't see the doom and gloom. However, because LSU is LSU, the fans, local media, and administration are not going be satisfied with less than 10 win seasons.

Articles in today's world are generally geared more toward generating conversation than conveying fact or real opinion. I miss the days where writers/TV Journalists gave their true opinions rather that taking a side just to generate water cooler talk.

I didn't read the article because the title of the article is clickbait. So, I don't know what its about... other than another article that LSU isn't going to win another game again.... just like all the stupid fans out on this forum saying Orgeron wasn't even going to finish the season. Its really hard to a discussion when people now a days are so wacked on the internet. I am only going off your post of "move" to guess what the article is about.

Well, you can go through my history and I have said for years coaches come and go. Furthermore, you probably saw me say a good chance Canada wasn't going to be back and that was months ago, and that Aranda has been the key to the LSU coaching staff.

My grade on Coach O is a solid B, last year I would say B+. Its easy to say one team should be doing better when you have no idea what it took to get there... I was very much worried LSU wouldn't be bowl eligible after seeing the lack of personnel on the OL/DL. This is something Coach O actually spoke about in the offseason... nobody believed him.

Generally speaking I think Coach O has made almost all the right decisions... although Canada might be considered a wrong move. I would even give Canada a B grade... the lack of OL personnel was no joke.

I would have liked to see Canada for another season, but there is some strong personalities and it was already known by the beginning of October that he probably wasn't going to come back. To be honest, not sure what there is to discuss... generally speaking I give Orgeron a solid B.... I would say he has done an A job in getting OL/DL either by transfers or recruitments.

I can't predict the future, but its hard to see the wheels coming off for next season as the defense is now back up to full strength even with the 2 CBs declaring. Aranda was playing with a half a deck of cards most of the year. To me the year the wheels could have fell off the bus was this year after Troy, and the lack of personnel.

Canada did an okay(solid) job to me, not sure if that is what the article is about... but actually most of LSU's stats were slightly down this year... but there is a reason for that as well... no OL... I think Canada did well considering everything.

B+ for losing to Troy at home?

Reactions: 1 person

I predicted this 3 years ago. Joe Alleva is the worst AD in the nation. LSU is the only school in the country that arguably had a more screwed up AD situation than us (before our "Palace Coup" / "Glorious Revolution" that put Fulmer in charge)

Still weird to me that our dysfunction is national news, but LSU's is mostly ignored. The situation with Chavis was very screwed up and showcased an AD that was completely clueless. LSU is one of the best jobs in the nation and Ed Orgeron was the best they could do --- that should tell you how much people distrust Alleva. ADs are way more vital to success in college football than people realize. Our struggles began with the AD. Same deal with LSU.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back