2017 in reflection

HooahVol

As Tennessee fans we are the last people who should reflect on the past season but it is always important to look back before going forward. Looking at the season it seems we have a couple of groupings:

1. The underachievers. My Vols, the Gators, FSU, and Ole Miss. The 2017 season was bad for these teams. Epic bad. For our Vols the worst in the programs long history. The one positive is all of these teams are getting a new start with a new coach and even though I think none of them will be competing for titles next season we at least have hope for improvement. Ole Miss is in a hole but maybe it has hit rock bottom now and can start climbing out. I would I add USC to this list just because expectations were so high for them in preseason.

2. The Overachievers. UGA,. Miami, UCF and Wisconsin. All teams that we expected to be OK this season but no one expected the amount of success we saw from them. Maybe the biggest overachiever this season from a school no one expected to do anything was the Cocks.

3. The "meets expectations." Teams like Penn State that you look back on their season and say "that is about right."

4. The standard bearers. Bama, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Clemson. All doing their thing.

I wonder where to put Notre Dame in this one. In some ways they did exceed expectations after last year's terrible performance yet they still found a way to let their fans down. Auburn is also tricky here. After ending the regular season stronger than anyone expected they just fell apart in the SEC championship and the post season.

VN Store

Back