Mizzou Hires Derek Dooley

vol66

GBO!!!
Staff member
New OC/QB Coach at Missouri

@BruceFeldmanCFB
6m6 minutes ago
More
#Mizzou is hiring former #Vols HC Derek Dooley as its new OC and QB coach.

This is a strange move for a program which had a good offense last season. Will he have play calling duties? He has never been either an OC or a QB coach before; nor did he even play QB. Weird.

Fascinating

New OC/QB Coach at Missouri

@BruceFeldmanCFB
6m6 minutes ago
More
#Mizzou is hiring former #Vols HC Derek Dooley as its new OC and QB coach.

My nephew’s a redshirt QB there! OMG I’m gonna have to send my condolences.

Reactions: 1 person
My nephew’s a redshirt QB there! OMG I’m gonna have to send my condolences.

I dunno...he's been with Dallas for 4/5 years...Pro football and college football are very different. At the pro level, all you do as a coach is football, all day, everyday, all year.

I bet his X's and O's have improved ten fold since he left Tennessee. Can he translate that on down to the rest of his offensive staff, we'll have to see.

Things that were a weakness for him here won't be at Missouri.

I'm not saying it will work out and if I'm Missouri I think I try to hire someone who has done it, but I don't know the situation there, who were other candidates that interviewed, etc...

Anyway, good luck to your nephew on his journey!

Reactions: 1 person
Government and coaching; the two careers you fail upward. You cannot convince me there aren’t 100 other more qualified coaches out there. He has never been a coordinator at any level and nothing on his resume screams success other than his name.

I get the feeling that this will end up being a very good hire for Missouri.

Ehh maybe if all they wanna do is keep doing what they did second half of this year and put up a bunch of points on scrubs

That’s basically what those bray offenses were famous for

VN Store

Back