UCF National Championship Parade

Bless their hearts.

be-positive.gif

Hey UCF, beating the third or 4th best team in the SEC doesn’t make you national champions. Maybe next time you will learn to schedule a couple of power 5 schools. Maryland? Hah!

Parade | UCFSports.com

I don't think they should have gotten the nod over any of the teams in the playoff. There's that.

But, they beat everyone they played, including that "third or 4th best team in the SEC" that both NC teams lost to. Just saying.

Reactions: 8 people
I don't have a problem with them having a parade for having their best season ever; but if any of their fans are seriously calling themselves the National Champions, that's sad.

I don't think they should have gotten the nod over any of the teams in the playoff. There's that.

But, they beat everyone they played, including that "third or 4th best team in the SEC" that both NC teams lost to. Just saying.

They didn't play them at Auburn like the other 2 did, and Georgia kicked their aces at a neutral site.

Reactions: 2 people

That and they had GT scheduled.

I don't think they could hang with Bama, OU, or UGA but they were fun to watch.

Texas A&M recently claimed a NC from the early 1900's. UT has the '67 NC proudly on display in Neyland. We all know about Bama. Didn't Auburn claim on for '04?

Reactions: 1 person
I was puling for them the whole way, who doesn't love an underdog.

However they did not deserve to be in the CFP. With that I would like to see them #3 in the final poll.
I suspect they'll be 4, probably 5.

They will never, I repeat never see that type of success again.
Once if a lifetime, enjoy it. It will be a great story to retell the the grand kids every year :)

Texas A&M recently claimed a NC from the early 1900's. UT has the '67 NC proudly on display in Neyland. We all know about Bama. Didn't Auburn claim on for '04?

Auburn was given unofficial NCs for 1993 and 2004 but the university doesn't recognize them.

There are some lame claims out there, but at least those schools were awarded by some selector (even if the selector was Houlgate or Litkenhous). No one has awarded UCF anything, and I doubt that anyone will.

And for what it's worth, Auburn doesn't officially claim '04.

That wasn’t the regular season where they beat auburn. How can you use that game to decide if they go to playoffs?

That wasn’t the regular season where they beat auburn. How can you use that game to decide if they go to playoffs?

I clearly stated the answer to this in the post you quoted.

I also don't think they should be "claiming" a National Championship. I just made a comment on your post. Nothing more.

I guess I have to spell it out.

You're touting that UCF beat the team that beat both NC teams. UCF didn't play said team at their place in the regular season like both NC teams did, they played them at a neutral site in the postseason. And one of the NC teams also played them at a neutral site in the postseason and kicked their ass.

So translation, they beat Auburn in a completely different scenario than Georgia and Auburn played them.

I guess I have to spell it out.

You're touting that UCF beat the team that beat both NC teams. UCF didn't play said team at their place in the regular season like both NC teams did, they played them at a neutral site in the postseason. And one of the NC teams also played them at a neutral site in the postseason and kicked their ass.

So translation, they beat Auburn in a completely different scenario than Georgia and Auburn played them.

Always so defensive and condescending.

I just made a comment. I don't disagree with you, but show me where my comment was wrong.

There are some lame claims out there, but at least those schools were awarded by some selector (even if the selector was Houlgate or Litkenhous). No one has awarded UCF anything, and I doubt that anyone will.

And for what it's worth, Auburn doesn't officially claim '04.

I'm sure they can find some group (in this age of journalistic integrity) to award them the NC. :)

Always so defensive and condescending.

I just made a comment. I don't disagree with you, but show me where my comment was wrong.

So what are you "just saying" then?

The formula for a Go5 team to get into the playoff is pretty simple. You have to beat 2 good P5 teams and run the table in conference play during a year in which your conference is relatively strong.

I think UCF's conference schedule was actually good enough. The American had 2 other good teams this year (South Florida and Memphis) and UCF went 3-0 against them. The did not, however, defeat 2 good P5 teams. Maryland is garbage and their other P5 game against Georgia Tech got cancelled. A victory wouldn't have moved the needle anyway; hell, even Tennessee beat Georgia Tech.

A good template schedule for a Go5 team to win out and get in the playoff is Houston's 2016 schedule. They played and defeated both Oklahoma and Louisville but slipped up 3x against conference opponents. Their conference was also decent that year (7 bowl eligible teams).

UCF had a great year and one that their fans should be excited about a proud of. However, I thought it was obvious that in college football undefeated seasons aren't created equal because of strength of schedule...maybe not.

A good template schedule for a Go5 team to win out and get in the playoff is Houston's 2016 schedule. They played and defeated both Oklahoma and Louisville but slipped up 3x against conference opponents. Their conference was also decent that year (7 bowl eligible teams).

Exactly. Houston most likely would have been in the playoff if they had run the table in their conference.

I was puling for them the whole way, who doesn't love an underdog.

However they did not deserve to be in the CFP. With that I would like to see them #3 in the final poll.
I suspect they'll be 4, probably 5.

They will never, I repeat never see that type of success again.
Once if a lifetime, enjoy it. It will be a great story to retell the the grand kids every year :)

You do know that they went 12-1 with only a 3 point loss to south carolina in 2013....they also beat the Big 12 Champs Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl that season.

I still don't get how BYU won a national title in 1984. If we didn't have a CFP, I'm almost certain that somebody would have recognized UCF as champs.

VN Store

Back