Ticket prices for the NC game in Atlanta.

Manning Up

Everyone is entitled to my opinion
Tickets on some sites are going for $2,500. My guess is, there's gonna be a lot of 2nd mortgages taken out on mobile homes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Keep in mind there’s 35 year old UGA fans who weren’t alive the last time UGA was in this position, and the game is in their back yard.

I paid $750 for a ticket 5 rows up on the 40 yard line for the 2007 BCS title game against Ohio State 11 years ago.

$2500 is insanity.

Reactions: 1 person
What do scalpels dream of,
When the cutting for the day is done?
Do they dream of opening boxes,
Or slashing hobos just for fun?

You got me... can't think of the last time I used a scalpel to open a box or slash a hobo...

Keep in mind there’s 35 year old UGA fans who weren’t alive the last time UGA was in this position, and the game is in their back yard.

I paid $750 for a ticket 5 rows up on the 40 yard line for the 2007 BCS title game against Ohio State 11 years ago.

$2500 is insanity.
No way I'd do it, but after what we've been through, I don't even want to think about what my max number would be for a title game played an hour from my house.

Reactions: 2 people
No way I'd do it, but after what we've been through, I don't even want to think about what my max number would be for a title game played an hour from my house.

That number would probably be less than you think, given the availability of tickets and local contacts you know with access to tickets.

Ohio State fans had a three week head start on us back in 2007, supply was low and demand was high for UF fans.

Fast forward to 2009, UF plays Oklahoma in Miami, and it was one of the easier NC tickets to get ahold of.

Last edited:
Best seat in the house is always the recliner with remote handy. Fridge and bathroom no waiting.

Reactions: 4 people
It’s basically just a conference game. Chill people. Lol

$2500 is insanity.

I'd be hard pressed to pay $750. Where was that game? In Arizona? UGA fans are probably excusing the outlandish cost of the ticket because a lot won't have to pay for a hotel or a plane ticket so they can use that extra money to buy a ticket. Probably going to be one of the toughest tickets ever.

That's a far cry from when I bought 2 in the endzone for $250 in Tempe in '98 and I could have bought 2 easily outside the gate for $50.

That's a far cry from when I bought 2 in the endzone for $250 in Tempe in '98 and I could have bought 2 easily outside the gate for $50.

This! They were practically giving them away in Tempe before the game. Like you, I bought early. Who knew?

I'd be hard pressed to pay $750. Where was that game? In Arizona? UGA fans are probably excusing the outlandish cost of the ticket because a lot won't have to pay for a hotel or a plane ticket so they can use that extra money to buy a ticket. Probably going to be one of the toughest tickets ever.

That game was in Glendale. Add in airfare and a side trip to Vegas before the game, it was easily the most cash I've ever spent on a football game, and I questioned my own sanity at the time.

But it was worth every penny. :)

Your rationale on the UGA fans is absolutely correct. They'll pay more because they don't have to worry about additional expenses.

As of Tuesday morning, the lowest ticket price for the championship on StubHub is $1,950, while the lowest price on Vivid Seats is $1,830.
The most expensive ticket on Stubhub is a seat in one of the suites, which is going for an astronomical $89,998. Vivid Seats isn't selling box seats, but its most expensive ticket for a seat on the 50-yard line is going for $13,275

Almost 90 grand for one game? You could build out a theater room with a 72” OLED display and massaging theater chairs and still have enough for a Mercedes E class.

The most expensive ticket on Stubhub is a seat in one of the suites, which is going for an astronomical $89,998.

I don't care if you have as much money as Bill Gates...that is just unbelievably stupid to pay that.

Could absolutely be the most expensive national title average ticket ever. As others have pointed out a lot of the Dawg fans won't have any other expenses besides the ticket.

I paid $90 for the 99 Championship. It was a student lottery ticket though lol

Yep. And now that the games are getting so dang long I would almost rather watch the game recorded. You can watch a football game in about 45 minutes when you fast forward through all the dead time.

Yep. And now that the games are getting so dang long I would almost rather watch the game recorded. You can watch a football game in about 45 minutes when you fast forward through all the dead time.

I’m probably weird but I have to watch sports in real time. I also have to watch them live. I’ve taped a couple of games over the years and hated watching them after the fact because I wanted to peak on the internet and see what happened but I wanted to watch it unfold in real time as well

Reactions: 2 people
I’m probably weird but I have to watch sports in real time. I also have to watch them live. I’ve taped a couple of games over the years and hated watching them after the fact because I wanted to peak on the internet and see what happened but I wanted to watch it unfold in real time as well
I'm the exact same.

I've got a projector downstairs with a 100" screen that I won't watch a Tennessee football game on because it uses AppleTV and I know WatchESPN will be on a :30 delay. Inevitably my phone or VN will be a play or two ahead and I'll get spoilers.

That game was in Glendale. Add in airfare and a side trip to Vegas before the game, it was easily the most cash I've ever spent on a football game, and I questioned my own sanity at the time.

But it was worth every penny. :)

Your rationale on the UGA fans is absolutely correct. They'll pay more because they don't have to worry about additional expenses.

That’s awesome. That’s how you do it.

VN Store

Back