Report: Jimbo Fisher to hire Memphis’ Darrell Dickey as offensive coordinator A&M

I wonder if Jay Graham is going to wind up in College Station? I googled it and google says he did.....

Last edited:
for the record, this isnt the Darrel Dickey that took over for T Rob and led us to a win in the 85 Sugar Bowl over Miami

Reactions: 1 person
Our's is Daryl Dickey, SugarVols MVP in the Superdome!

K0001226158--206074.JPG

Reactions: 3 people
Had a good offense this year. He's worked under offensive HC's in Fuente and Norvell

Rumors are Alex Grinch of Washington State for DC, Tim Brewster following Jimbo (great recruiter), and Jim Turner staying as OL coach (worked with Sherman in developing 2012 OL who all went to the NFL).

Interesting to see how Norvell’s offense does next season.

I'm curious about this as well... not sure who is behind Ferg but I'd expect the productivity to go down quite a bit without a NFL-level gunslinger there to run the offense... you gotta admit the guy inherited a really good situation on offense.

I'm curious about this as well... not sure who is behind Ferg but I'd expect the productivity to go down quite a bit without a NFL-level gunslinger there to run the offense... you gotta admit the guy inherited a really good situation on offense.

David Moore is supposed to be the guy to replace him. He's more of a dual threat, so they might change some things up if he is indeed starting next year. They still have a few playmakers on offense like Darrell Henderson, Patrick Taylor, Joey Magnifico, Sean Dykes, Damonte Coxie.

Interesting to see how Norvell’s offense does next season.

It's Norvell's offense Memphis is running, not Dickeys. Dickey said so himself on the radio last week.

This is Norvell's 2nd OC that has "moved up." Chip Long was the OC last year and has taken what he learned from Norvell to Notre Dame where he was the OC this year and turned ND around.

Dickey will take Norvell's offense to A&M.

Fuente went to Arizona State prior to the 2014 season while he was still at Memphis to pick up schemes for Lynch and company.

So basically, Memphis has been running a version of Mike Norvell's offense for 4 years, even though he was hired 2 years ago as the Head Coach.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm curious about this as well... not sure who is behind Ferg but I'd expect the productivity to go down quite a bit without a NFL-level gunslinger there to run the offense... you gotta admit the guy inherited a really good situation on offense.[/QUOTE]

Norvell recruited Ferguson to Memphis, not Fuente. Fuente cashed in on success under Lynch and left for VT.

7 starters on offense and 8 on defense are either Freshmen, Sophomores, or transfers into the program the last 2 years. The 2 deep chart on both sides of the ball is really young (mostly Frosh/soph).

Norvell has produced the 2 highest rated recruiting classes in Memphis history his first 2 years, and this years class will be either 1 or 2 in the AAC. Memphis is Top 20 good because of HIS RECRUITS not Fuentes. His offense has eclipsed Fuente's and his recruiting rankings are miles beyond what Fuente ever did at Memphis.

QB in the wings is a dual threat red shirt freshman. He's looked impressive when on the field. All skill positions except for Miller are returning, including the 2 beast backs (8.8 yards/carry and 6.8 yards/carry).

I don't expect another 10 win season next year because it's difficult to replace a Ferguson/MIller combo. Somewhere in the 7-9 win range would be expected given the youth at QB position. Look for another double digit/conference championship caliber team in 2 years when these Frosh/sophs are Juniors/Seniors.

VN Store

Back