2017 Coaching Carousel

GVF

Talk Dirty To Me
With the whirlwind starting to settle and unless I'm missing something all the P5 schools seem to have their jobs filled now, as well as the rest of the FBS schools that opened up. These coaches did not get offers and are still in the market, joined by a hopeful Les Miles and a large number of assistants yet to be picked up:

B. Jones
Bielema
Graham
Riley (Limped back to OSU as an Asst to new coach)
Sumlin
McElwain
Mora

It appears the last 3 remaining jobs are:
SMU
Kent State
UL-Lafayette

Wonder who will fill these.

Bielema had a great record at Wisconsin including 3 consecutive Big 10 titles. Arkansas tarnished that but you wouldn’t expect him to replicate that success at Arkansas in the sec West. Of the ones not rehired elsewhere this year, he is the one that surprises me.

Bielema had a great record at Wisconsin including 3 consecutive Big 10 titles. Arkansas tarnished that but you wouldn’t expect him to replicate that success at Arkansas in the sec West. Of the ones not rehired elsewhere this year, he is the one that surprises me.

I saw where he said he’s going to take a year off and focus on his health with his newborn daughter. Wants to lose 100 pounds.

I would take a chance on Bielema.

With the whirlwind starting to settle and unless I'm missing something all the P5 schools seem to have their jobs filled now, as well as the rest of the FBS schools that opened up. These coaches did not get offers and are still in the market, joined by a hopeful Les Miles and a large number of assistants yet to be picked up:

B. Jones
Bielema
Graham
Riley (Limped back to OSU as an Asst to new coach)
Sumlin
McElwain
Mora
Matt Rhule???

It appears the last 3 remaining jobs are:
SMU
Kent State
UL-Lafayette

Wonder who will fill these.

Baylor coach Matt Rhule could be candidate for Giants' job | Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Schrager included Rhule as one of five potential candidates for the job, including Stanford’s David Shaw. Schrager couched the Rhule suggestion as a long shot but quoted an unnamed NFL executive as saying Rhule could be a fit for the Giants.

Does the Giants' next head coach currently reside in Waco, Texas?

: @PSchrags // @gmfb pic.twitter.com/uGeznvkgbU

— NFL Network (@nflnetwork) December 5, 2017
It’s not completely out of nowhere. Rhule, 42, was born in Manhattan and was the Giants offensive line coach in 2012. He left the Giants to become Temple’s head coach from 2013-16.

wishing-girl.jpg

SMU Job:

Horns247 reporting that Texas DC Todd Orlando has interviewed for the SMU vacancy. Tom Herman acting shocked. More turmoil in Austin?

Dallas Morning News reporting that former La Tech and Cal coach Sonny Dykes has interviewed for the 'stangs job, also. Dykes is folksy enough for recruiting, runs a similar offense to Morris (beat Texas twice while at Cal) and has the personality to hob knob with the billionaires in the Park Cities.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back