Morris to Arkansas

We should email storm the Oregon A.D. and tell him how much all of us Duck fans want Steele. He would be perfect for all of us in Oregon. Finally some defense!

Reactions: 3 people
Gonna make sure we are reaching deeeeeep into the head coaching septic tank to pull up a real doozie...

Reactions: 1 person
Gonna make sure we are reaching deeeeeep into the head coaching septic tank to pull up a real doozie...

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
You think their defense was bad this year, wait until Morris takes over.

Can’t see this happening, but Morris said he will try to steal Venables away from Clemson lol. They are close friends and we’d probably try to make him the highest paid DC in college football but it’d be weird to leave that situation.

Our fans really don’t like the hire but with his Texas connections I’m willing to give him a chance. At least the offense will be fun to watch.

Hmm... so the thread in the FF about a Ark Booster claiming Kiffin was their target was as reliable as all the TN insiders huh?

Can’t see this happening, but Morris said he will try to steal Venables away from Clemson lol. They are close friends and we’d probably try to make him the highest paid DC in college football but it’d be weird to leave that situation.

Our fans really don’t like the hire but with his Texas connections I’m willing to give him a chance. At least the offense will be fun to watch.
Look for him to open up the Lake Travis QB pipeline PDQ. He also has deep ties at Waco Midway too...current SMU QB, has their TE committed and will no doubt make a run at current Oklahoma QB committ Tanner Mordeci (the next Baker Mayfield).

Last edited:
Look for him to open up the Lake Travis QB pipeline PDQ. He also has deep ties at Waco Midway too...current SMU QB, has their TE committed and will no doubt make a run at current Oklahoma QB committ Tanner Mordeci (the next Baker Mayfield).

Edit: Morris might still have time salvage in-state QB Gerry Bohanon from Baylor. He would fit in Morris' offense very well.

Gerry Bohanon, Earle, Dual-Threat Quarterback

Grant Gunnell said he’s going to take a harder look at Arkansas now that Morris is there. I figured he prefers a mobile QB but he seems to recruit both

....not impressed either. Think Norvell would have been a much better choice.

I would have been fine with either. Norvell has had more success but Morris has the Texas recruiting connections we desperately need.

Plus, Norvell inherited a much better situation.

Grant Gunnell said he’s going to take a harder look at Arkansas now that Morris is there. I figured he prefers a mobile QB but he seems to recruit both
Good luck (seriously) prying Gunnell away from aggy. Anything bad for thar cult is good for humanity. A un M has deep roots at St Pius X that pre-dates Gary Kubiak's playing days. Hearing rumors from ags here in The Woodlands/Lake Conroe area that Kellen Mond might be transferring out too.

I would have been fine with either. Norvell has had more success but Morris has the Texas recruiting connections we desperately need.

Plus, Norvell inherited a much better situation.

Despite the "Texas recruiting connections" that Morris has, Norvell's classes ranked #1 and #2 in AAC in 2016, 2017 and is rated #2 for 2018. Best Morris' connections got him was 9, 7, 5.

In his 3 games vs Memphis "vaunted" defense, this offensive "genius" lost 51-7, 59-10, 66-45. The only reason SMU was 3rd instead of 4th in offense in the AAC this year was because Charlie Strong refused to take the Ferrari Willie Taggart left him out of 2nd gear.

Norvell inherited a program that Fuente turned around. 80% of the offensive and defensive starters are either Freshmen, Sophomores, or Jr/Sr transfers. Fuente's star Senior RB has been supplanted by two Sophomore RBs. A lot of upper classmen on defense were beat out by freshmen and sophomores, including the AAC freshman of the year.

Prior to Norvell, Memphis' last kickoff return for TD was the famous Kevin Cobb return vs UT in 1996 in the lone Memphis win. Since Norvell arrived, Memphis has returned 7 kickoffs for TD, 6 by Sophomore All American Tony Pollard.

VN Store

Back