Taggart leaving Oregon for Florida State

TrueOrange

FSU about to let Coach T drive that bus!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3MOLaXBpcg[/youtube]

Taggart is a great hire for them, I really hate to see it. He can recruit well, especially in Miami, plus FSU has a long history of looking the other way anything on or even fairly far over the line.

There may be a scandal down the road that forces FSU to take some accountability for the (literally) renegade football program and its history of lax discipline. But until then, they are going to be a major force.

That seems to be an anticlimactic hire for FSU, but you never know.

Taggart is a great hire for them, I really hate to see it. He can recruit well, especially in Miami, plus FSU has a long history of looking the other way anything on or even fairly far over the line.

There may be a scandal down the road that forces FSU to take some accountability for the (literally) renegade football program and its history of lax discipline. But until then, they are going to be a major force.

So, FSU is one of maybe only 2 programs (Bama), in the NCAA look the other way policy as well. Bobby B still getting some love even after 8 years.

So, FSU is one of maybe only 2 programs (Bama), in the NCAA look the other way policy as well. Bobby B still getting some love even after 8 years.

The deliberate indifference that FSU and the local law enforcement show to transgressions by their football players is legendary, and their reputation well deserved.

Free Shoes University is an apt name.

Reactions: 2 people
The deliberate indifference that FSU and the local law enforcement show to transgressions by their football players is legendary, and their reputation well deserved.

Free Shoes University is an apt name.

Is it really that much different from what goes on anywhere else? Is the Jameis Winston saga only capable of occurring in Tallahassee? Don't you think it is just as likely to occur in Gainesville? Or Knoxville? Or Athens?

Is it really that much different from what goes on anywhere else? Is the Jameis Winston saga only capable of occurring in Tallahassee? Don't you think it is just as likely to occur in Gainesville? Or Knoxville? Or Athens?

Yes, its completely uncontrolled.

UF suspended 9 players this season. I don't think FSU has suspended 9 players, total, in the last twenty years.

Yes, its completely uncontrolled.

UF suspended 9 players this season. I don't think FSU has suspended 9 players, total, in the last twenty years.

Just offhand, I know they've suspended Jameis, Dalvin Cook, James Wilder Jr, and Bobo Wilson just within the last few years. That's 4 guys right there. UF had multiple players involved in a single scheme together, so that's going to inflate your numbers.

I just don't think that what goes on in Tallahassee between the FSU and the police department is unique at all. The Jameis Winston saga could have happened anywhere.

Just offhand, I know they've suspended Jameis, Dalvin Cook, James Wilder Jr, and Bobo Wilson just within the last few years. That's 4 guys right there. UF had multiple players involved in a single scheme together, so that's going to inflate your numbers.

I just don't think that what goes on in Tallahassee between the FSU and the police department is unique at all. The Jameis Winston saga could have happened anywhere.

Sure, but you can't look at one isolated incident. If you look at the totality, their program is very inclined to ignore things. You have to understand that, with FAMU in the same town, there is an entirely different society within that community.

You have to understand that, with FAMU in the same town, there is an entirely different society within that community.

What do you mean? The cops pick on the black kids that go to the black school, but not the black kids who play on FSU's football team?

I don’t think he’s that great

First, I'm not surprised, Taggart has deep roots in Florida.
Second, it doesn't bother me to see him go..... Well as long as Jim Leavitt stays and Mario Christobal find a way to stay. Leavitt was the most important part of the Oregon turn around this year. Always felt Taggart played things WAY to close to the vest. Certainly, not a guy who can make changes mid game the way Kelly did.

Taggart was a very good recruiter, I'll certainly give him that. Now if he's able to get Christobal and Leavitt to follow him to FSU then there will be a new king in Florida.

Reactions: 2 people
Don't know if this is indicative of their fanbase as a whole, but I was talking with co-worker last week who is an Oregon fan and lives out there. He was totally sanguine about Taggart leaving; thought nobody would really want him and thought he hadn't done anything at Oregon that would make him any more appealing than he was before he arrived. I even specifically mentioned "but what if the FSU job opens up" and he kind of chuckled. Bet he's surprised now.

Sure, but you can't look at one isolated incident. If you look at the totality, their program is very inclined to ignore things. You have to understand that, with FAMU in the same town, there is an entirely different society within that community.

I agreed with this stance up until Urban Meyer became UF's football coach.

What Urban allowed under his watch takes away any moral high ground we had on FSU, and that wasn't much to begin with.

We all have dirt under our fingernails.

I wonder why Chip Kelly was in such a hurry to sign with UCLA. I had mentioned a while ago that with all the talk about TAMU pursuing Jimbo, Chip might want to hold off "until all the dominos fall" and his old job might open up again.

I feel bad for Oregon with the timing of this. They miss out on Chip and Scott Frost.

Gonna be interesting to see how he does as an actual coach I know he can recruit but jimbo was fantastic at that also so that will be nothing new

Could be pretty big downgrade from jimbo imo but I think it was pretty obvious they weren’t gonna be able to find an upgrade

If you think about it it’s been about 40 years since fsu had to go find a coach

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I wonder why Chip Kelly was in such a hurry to sign with UCLA. I had mentioned a while ago that with all the talk about TAMU pursuing Jimbo, Chip might want to hold off "until all the dominos fall" and his old job might open up again.

I feel bad for Oregon with the timing of this. They miss out on Chip and Scott Frost.
Wouldn’t shock me if Kelly said frick and went back to Oregon without ever coaching a game at ucla

They’ didn’t exactly pay him a ton it was like 4 mill a year oregon could do 7.5 and maybe steal him lol who knows but crazier things have happened

Wouldn’t shock me if Kelly said frick and went back to Oregon without ever coaching a game at ucla

They’ didn’t exactly pay him a ton it was like 4 mill a year oregon could do 7.5 and maybe steal him lol who knows but crazier things have happened

Don't think Oregon could or would hire Chip back because of the recruiting scandal

VN Store

Back