Herb Edwards to ASU

TruVolFann

I'm interested in this for all who said Gruden hadn't coached in awhile. Given its ASU,but this also shows UT should be able to make a good hire.
Do you think Herm will upgrade the Sun Devils?

Horrible, horrible hire. Made purely because of the fact that their AD has a previous relationship with him.

At the presser, a reporter from Devil's Digest introduced himself before asking a question.

Herm: Devil's Digest? I'm a Catholic. I'm a Christian. You gotta watch it with that Devil stuff.

Uh, Herm. Do you know who just hired you?

Reactions: 3 people
At the presser, a reporter from Devil's Digest introduced himself before asking a question.

Herm: Devil's Digest? I'm a Catholic. I'm a Christian. You gotta watch it with that Devil stuff.

:eek:lol: You just know this is destined to have an awesome ending.

Their AD (and Herm's former agent) also made a Butchian statement by saying "I have no doubt he will put a lot of points of the scoreboard of life."

C'mon. At least Butch said our guys were actually winning Life Championships. Herm is just going to score a lot of points in them.

Herm might have CTE.

He comes across as the kooky, ex-jock uncle who randomly challenges guys to arm wrestle at sports bars.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people
I'm interested in this for all who said Gruden hadn't coached in awhile. Given its ASU,but this also shows UT should be able to make a good hire.
Do you think Herm will upgrade the Sun Devils?

Didn't know he wanted to get back into coaching. Figured he was a lot like Gruden.....happy to announce and analyze.

The Devil reference in the presser is classic! Great guy but dude had me rolling!!!

Dude had his presser on Monday ans has been on ESPN every day as their NFL analyst. Unbelievable.

Dude had his presser on Monday ans has been on ESPN every day as their NFL analyst. Unbelievable.

That was noted during half time of TNF. He was fulfilling his contractual working notice apparently. Last night was his last day at ESPN.

That hire is baffling, to say the least. His last, and highest, college position was in 1989. His last NFL on field coaching I think has been much longer than Gruden. Very strange and fast hiring.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back