Georgia Should Fight For The Big Win This Year

Coug

Georgia did a great job coming out on top in the SECC. Unfortunately for Georgia they are likely looking at quite a drop off next year in veteran talent. This season's team has 31 seniors on it's roster and when all of that senior talent graduates it's next man up. Maybe Kirby pulls it off but that is a lot of experience to be losing.

Reactions: 1 person
Georgia did a great job coming out on top in the SECC. Unfortunately for Georgia they are likely looking at quite a drop off next year in veteran talent. This season's team has 31 seniors on it's roster and when all of that senior talent graduates it's next man up. Maybe Kirby pulls it off but that is a lot of experience to be losing.

Have you seen how well he's recruiting?

I have not closely followed that but great recruiting does not necessarily translate to immediate, on the field, experienced talent. That is the long game.

It does at Alabama and at most other schools that recruit well. It's not like he'll be playing true freshmen. In 2018, the guys from Kirby's first recruiting class will be redshirt sophomores and juniors; guys who have played. Most of the attrition will be on the defensive side of the ball, and he's a defensive coach, so I expect them to be OK there.

On offense, next year they'll bring back Fromm, Swift who looks like he'll be a great RB, and they bring back guys like Nauta, Ridley and Hardman. Godwin is a junior who might return. We'll see which ones go pro, but they only have one senior on the offensive line too.

Reactions: 2 people
Offense actually should be better. Love the RB's but that is the easiest position to reload on as there is much less development needed between HS and College. Need to replace 1 OL but there is tons of talent that has been Redshirting. replace Wims which may be the toughest task. And a QB returning with atleast 13.5 games of experience which should be much improved over this years situation. Defense loses a lot of talent but there is talent waiting and that has been rotated. I think by the time the defense is tested next year (AU, LSU) they should be a more cohesive group. Scar early scares me as I think they are the 2nd best in the East next year. 31 seniors is a bit overblown as many are walk-ons which have provided leadership but not much play time or even depth. All the coaching turnover comes at a good time in Kirby's short career as he is 2 years ahead of our chief competitors (UT & UF).

Offense actually should be better. Love the RB's but that is the easiest position to reload on as there is much less development needed between HS and College. Need to replace 1 OL but there is tons of talent that has been Redshirting. replace Wims which may be the toughest task. And a QB returning with atleast 13.5 games of experience which should be much improved over this years situation. Defense loses a lot of talent but there is talent waiting and that has been rotated. I think by the time the defense is tested next year (AU, LSU) they should be a more cohesive group. Scar early scares me as I think they are the 2nd best in the East next year. 31 seniors is a bit overblown as many are walk-ons which have provided leadership but not much play time or even depth. All the coaching turnover comes at a good time in Kirby's short career as he is 2 years ahead of our chief competitors (UT & UF).

That's an understatement. Kirby is light years ahead of UF and UT, especially UT, and I don't look at UT as a chief competitor. I'd say it's Auburn.

UGA should cakewalk the SECE for the next couple years at this rate. They don't lose much on offense and I trust Kirby to figure out the defense. He's recruiting well and is in the perfect job given the turmoil in the conference.

The 31 seniors thing was pushed out there by a sideline reporter that doesn't get it. A lot of those are walk-ons, scout teamers and such.

You have a handful of seniors that made key contributions but no where near the 31 number. The senior RBs will be missed for their leadership but there are a couple of guys coming in that can fill that void nicely (#1 and #3 nationally) along with Swift and Holyfield.

Lo Carter and Bellamy will be missed but Deandre Walker is better than both and there are a couple of others about to take those spots that are better pass rushers. The secondary will lose Parrish and Sanders but they weren't very good by SEC standards, they were just more ready to play premium positions in the secondary than the young guys.

Guarantee there won't be some huge drop off next year or the year after.

UGA should cakewalk the SECE for the next couple years at this rate. They don't lose much on offense and I trust Kirby to figure out the defense. He's recruiting well and is in the perfect job given the turmoil in the conference.

Perfectly stated .. I am in wait and see mode on Mullen to UF because I believe he gets a bad rap from being at Miss St trying to recruit to that school in the SECW can't be easy. Maybe he does much better at UF but he CLEARLY isn't happy with the recruit Matt Coral.

I feel a better defense for UK would make them a much more viable team. Total lapses against UF on two plays caused them to lose that game.

UT, well, let's let them get a coach first and figure it out from there.

Mizzou has a world of offensive talent but couldn't stop my high school from 1990 from scoring.

Vandy, would have expected better considering how they played last year but I guess not.

VN Store

Back