Watched the Frost presser...

Sub Par SUPERSTAR

All around decent fella.
For whatever reason...Their Ad, Bill Moos, basically called us dorks for firing our coaches mid season and "still not being able to find a coach" or "taking our 3rd choice".

Haha, what a douchebag...Frost was never really on my immediate wish list, he was just a fallback if Chip or mullen said no, and now I really hope we both end up with coaches fully capable of castrating Nebraska in a major bowl game...Should they ever be good enough to reach one of those again.

Reactions: 6 people
Nice to have an alumni be one of the hottest names in the coaching carousel also. I f Frost didn't go to Nebraska, who are they going to hire? Schiano.

That AD had to do absolutely nothing to get Frost there. Thats his alma mater, and he was never going anywhere else. Does the AD want a pat on the back for such an impressive feat?

Reactions: 3 people
Moving to the proper forum in ......3.......2......1.........

Frost is being praised for how he conducted himself in his transition, OP sounds like sour grapes

Reactions: 4 people
For whatever reason...Their Ad, Bill Moos, basically called us dorks for firing our coaches mid season and "still not being able to find a coach" or "taking our 3rd choice".

Haha, what a douchebag...Frost was never really on my immediate wish list, he was just a fallback if Chip or mullen said no, and now I really hope we both end up with coaches fully capable of castrating Nebraska in a major bowl game...Should they ever be good enough to reach one of those again.

1. Should have, but didn't fire mid-season...gave all the rope we could to Butch.
2. They're still upset about the Music City beat-down
3. Easy to win the press conf when have Legacy coach sitting there...good for them. They just don't realize that we started with our 3rd choice.
4. Like Frost, and like Nebraska, but Nebraska much more difficult build than UT. But, we do have alot of parallels with them.

Moos is tight with Leach. Understandable him having a beef with us.

1. Should have, but didn't fire mid-season...gave all the rope we could to Butch.
2. They're still upset about the Music City beat-down
3. Easy to win the press conf when have Legacy coach sitting there...good for them. They just don't realize that we started with our 3rd choice.
4. Like Frost, and like Nebraska, but Nebraska much more difficult build than UT. But, we do have alot of parallels with them.

Ummmm.....you do realize that he is a Gator fan and talking about them .........right????????

Frost has to prove himself in the Big League, many players and coaches do well in a lower tier conference, but don't always do well in upper tier. As I recall, Spurrier, Saban and Kiffen sucked in the NFL, and there are countless college players. Let's see what happens, is the best advice. I watched Frost's Offense, nothing new or exciting, defense was.....ok, but they let the other teams score. Being an Alumni and good player might make everyone feel good....there is always that ;)

Wait 'til he has to fire Frost in about 4 years. Frost the coach can do little to improve the recruiting base at Nebraska. Cali kids figured out it's a whole lot better to go to school along the coast than to spend time in Nebraska, especially in January and February. Nebraska's heydays are dead and gone, no more national power coming their way in the foreseeable future, Frost or no Frost.

20160817_PuddlesPityParty_CircusCafe_Edinburgh_EdFRinge_pJHO-9683.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

Is he wrong?

Wait 'til he has to fire Frost in about 4 years. Frost the coach can do little to improve the recruiting base at Nebraska. Cali kids figured out it's a whole lot better to go to school along the coast than to spend time in Nebraska, especially in January and February. Nebraska's heydays are dead and gone, no more national power coming their way in the foreseeable future, Frost or no Frost.

You do know that it is very easy to make that identical argument about Tennessee too, right?

Reactions: 2 people
You do know that it is very easy to make that identical argument about Tennessee too, right?

No doubt. Doesn't mean it's reality though.

Aub, Bama, Ga all have things in common. Tough D and running game. With right OC and S/C coach we'll be OK. Fulmer likes traditional smashmouth, in the trenches mentality, so think this lines up for Les. We aren't devoid of talent, but this recruiting cycle critical. Think Les would bring Mays back into the fold. Though we're off his top three, think it would be hard for admitted VFL legacy prospect to turn down 2 NC coaches to pair up w/ Trey Smith to get big uglies back to K'town.

You act like Tennessee has reached a major bowl. There is no proof that Tennessee can reach any bowl especially a major bowl.

Frost is being praised for how he conducted himself in his transition, OP sounds like sour grapes

Honest to god not sour grapes...I literally only wanted Chip or Mullen...I just think it's not very classy of the AD of another school, unprovoked mind you, to throw shade at UF and UT at his new coach's debut press conference, that's all.

No doubt. Doesn't mean it's reality though.

Aub, Bama, Ga all have things in common. Tough D and running game. With right OC and S/C coach we'll be OK. Fulmer likes traditional smashmouth, in the trenches mentality, so think this lines up for Les. We aren't devoid of talent, but this recruiting cycle critical. Think Les would bring Mays back into the fold. Though we're off his top three, think it would be hard for admitted VFL legacy prospect to turn down 2 NC coaches to pair up w/ Trey Smith to get big uglies back to K'town.

I agree that getting back to the top is easier in Tennessee than it is in Nebraska, but those three schools you mentioned all have inherent advantages that Tennessee does not. If it does end up being Les, I have doubts if he would be able to recruit as well as he did at LSU. Les could throw rocks out of his office window and hit multiple 4 and 5-star recruits. In Knoxville you have to work for it.

VN Store

Back