While Ohio State is complaining..

HazMat

UT Class of 1996
'Whaa SEC Bias'.. I know I know..

But for real .. let's steal their Marching Band tonight while their not paying attention.
Who's in.. :rock:

home-alone-family-fun-edition-20081229004922003-000.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Ok i'm intrigued. Fill me in.

Ohio University's Marching 110 is legendary.

And when the Bobcats played at Neyland a few years ago, there were a lot of our fans who said that it was by far the best band to have ever played there.

Reactions: 4 people
Ok.. but like just . Literally just googled and a random Ohio State mid season one. They do Video Game tribute. Come on man tell me this isn't something we would love at our halftime..

[youtube]https://youtu.be/ngjcAvg6TYg[/youtube]

We didn't always suck. Look for UT performances from 1970's - early 1990's. Here are a couple of samples.

1980 Pride of the Southland Marching Band (UTK vs Georgia Tech) - YouTube
1991 Sugar Bowl Halftime Show - University of Tennessee, Pride of the Southland Band - YouTube

At its peak, UT was hands down the best in the country for well over 20 years. The 91 Sugar Bowl halftime show may have even altered the course of the game by bringing the crowd back into it. Anyway, the sorry state of the UT Band is a problem to fix at a later date - we've got bigger fish to fry right now.

Edit: Here's another nice representative sample. 1974 Pride of the Southland Marching Band (UTK vs UCLA) - YouTube

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
2009 was the year that the Marching 110 were booed coming onto the field and wildly cheered coming off it. I can't load video since I have high security on my browser, but those are out there somewhere too.

Cool gotta look it up. :rock:

Ohio University's Marching 110 is legendary.

And when the Bobcats played at Neyland a few years ago, there were a lot of our fans who said that it was by far the best band to have ever played there.

OU alum here. The Marching 110 is awesome. Before Frank Solich made the football program halfway decent, most people would go to the home games to watch the halftime show and then leave.

Totally nerds.. I'm giving in to the dark side

But it's gonna be a long off season kids. What should we do another Kiffin thread? I mean we wasted all last few off seasons doing Butch Getz it Zomg and that stuff.

Last edited:
While I hate bama, why is osu complaining? They shouldn't have been in it last year, and now they're getting karma imo.

Reactions: 2 people
OU alum here. The Marching 110 is awesome. Before Frank Solich made the football program halfway decent, most people would go to the home games to watch the halftime show and then leave.

Youtube is great. Just watched like 5 of the Ohio U 110 shows with my Seinheiser headphones (and a bottle of adult beverage with tomorrow off) the last hour. I'd totally do a halftime and leave if not too far.

Last edited:
While I hate bama, why is osu complaining? They shouldn't have been in it last year, and now they're getting karma imo.

Yeah.. it's this thread isn't really about fooseball though..

it's about the Epic Marching Bands of the Power 5 Conferences !

:rock:

The POTSB has a girl drum major and another flag boy. Not that there's anything wrong with... wait. There is dammit!!!

Last edited:
We didn't always suck. Look for UT performances from 1970's - early 1990's. Here are a couple of samples.

1980 Pride of the Southland Marching Band (UTK vs Georgia Tech) - YouTube
1991 Sugar Bowl Halftime Show - University of Tennessee, Pride of the Southland Band - YouTube

At its peak, UT was hands down the best in the country for well over 20 years. The 91 Sugar Bowl halftime show may have even altered the course of the game by bringing the crowd back into it. Anyway, the sorry state of the UT Band is a problem to fix at a later date - we've got bigger fish to fry right now.

Edit: Here's another nice representative sample. 1974 Pride of the Southland Marching Band (UTK vs UCLA) - YouTube

Woah, woah, woah. Did you march in the POTS or something? What criteria are you using to say we suck now?

Look up Western Carolina's Pride of the Mountains Band. Best band in this part of the country

Look up Western Carolina's Pride of the Mountains Band. Best band in this part of the country

I did and wow, they impressed me. Thing is, UT would never do what they do. UT is much more traditional. They seem to be high school band on steroids (not an insult, btw just different styles).

I could care less about bands but that was cool it relates to people.
With that said its sad all we have to speak of is marching bands

All we have to speak of.. or greatest thing ever.. :rock:

No joke though.. Offseason.. 36 weeks until kickoff??
Who cares.

VN Store

Back