What a difference 10 years makes!

SeniorDrill

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
nobody works the press like Kiffin...yep, lots of water can flow under the bridge in 10 years' time...a person can learn a lot...if they want to...:)

GO AD FULMER AND GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Just saying. Actually the bad link said that after FAU lost to Wisconsin earlier this year Lane Kiffin took out a full page ad in a Wisconsin paper thanking those folks for the help they gave after the hurricane hit Florida.

But he's a terrible person remember. He's not wanted here! #bringbacklane

Reactions: 2 people
Not LK fan, but he was an excellent interview on Sport Talk in Chattanooga last week. Very little snark or smack. It's possible he is finally maturing.

But he's a terrible person remember. He's not wanted here! #bringbacklane

He’s not a terrible person, just a really good offensive coordinator who is pretty average as a head coach. We can do better.

Everything quiet as a mouse that is good. Preparing to make the nation forget the last week. It will all be worth it. JMO.

Everything quiet as a mouse that is good. Preparing to make the nation forget the last week. It will all be worth it. JMO.

We need to hurry because next Sunday is early signing day for recruits. We enough time to hire coach and also work the recruits
My best guess is that Miles is announced tomorrow

The one coach who would scare the bajeebus out of our rivals is Kiffin. He would be a recruiting maniac who can develop players and light up the scoreboard. Too bad Fulmer is so bent on holding a grudge against a coach who told Hamilton that he would go to USC if that job opened and he was offered.

Fulmer's real beef is that Kiffin took his job after he was fired.

We need to hurry because next Sunday is early signing day for recruits. We enough time to hire coach and also work the recruits
My best guess is that Miles is announced tomorrow

Gawd I hope you're wrong, but I feel you might be right.

everything quiet as a mouse that is good. Preparing to make the nation forget the last week. It will all be worth it. Jmo.

the one coach who would scare the bajeebus out of our rivals is kiffin. He would be a recruiting maniac who can develop players and light up the scoreboard. Too bad fulmer is so bent on holding a grudge against a coach who told hamilton that he would go to usc if that job opened and he was offered.

Fulmer's real beef is that kiffin took his job after he was fired.

10-4

He shafted the Vols 10 years ago. No way around that. Think Fulmer will bring him back in light of that? I doubt it. I'm willing to give him another chance. I think he's a solid coach and has matured in 10 years. I doubt the new AD agrees. Just a guess though.

Very classy, indeed!
While sports have been known to serve as a remedy for outside world problems, there are certain instances where life takes priority. Following Florida Atlantic’s 31-14 loss at Wisconsin last Saturday, a game in which some of the Owls’ minds and hearts where elsewhere, FAU was met with a harsh reality: The team couldn’t make it home because of the effects of Hurricane Irma.
Players, coaches and the rest of the Owls staff were stuck in Madison while they waited for clearance to return home to Boca Raton, Florida. In an act of kindness and generosity, the Badgers hosted FAU following last Saturday’s game and allowed the Owls to use Camp Randall Stadium and their facilities in preparation for FAU’s home game against Bethune-Cookman this Saturday. FAU head coach Lane Kiffin took the time Friday to thank the Wisconsin community with a full-page ad in Friday’s Wisconsin State Journal.
The note read:
Thank You! You have opened your hearts to our football program for the past six days in our time of need. Every single person on campus and in the community was kind and courteous. The Badger Football Team even shared their home with us and made our stay as comfortable as possible. We are forever indebted to the Wisconsin Athletic Department, Athletic Director Barry Alvaraez and Head Coach Paul Chryst for their collective generosity. We wish you nothing but the best of luck with the rest of your football season. ON WISCONSIN!
Sincerely,
Lane Kiffin
Florida Atlantic University Head Football Coach"
Hat tip to you, Mr. Kiffin. From the article.

VN Store

Back