So the committee is officially a joke

Other_Guy

foolishFool
Finish 3rd and still get.
Auburn beats both playoff teams by double digits then gets penalized for playing in the conference championship game.
And I can't believe I was foolish enough to convince myaelf that the committee would put OSU in.

Reactions: 2 people
Auburn beats both playoff teams by double digits then gets penalized for playing in the conference championship game.
And I can't believe I was foolish enough to convince myaelf that the committee would put OSU in.

You’re gonna be all alone on this one

Reactions: 16 people

OSU didn’t deserve to get in.

Reactions: 23 people
There ought to be a rule that each team should win their respective conference.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
I just love to see the CFP be in total turmoil.

Until it’s completely decided on the field with no voting or style points the college football champion is a joke.

Reactions: 6 people

Auburn should have Taken care of business. That's what it's all about. Like Clemson

Reactions: 6 people

Not sure why you want the precedent set that a one loss SEC team should be left out for a team that lost by 30 to a five win squad, just because they won the conference championship with a conference containing one and a half good teams.

Reactions: 8 people
OSU got in last year with 1 loss & Penn State got snubbed & were Big 10 champs. now the horseshoe is on the other foot, Buckeyes are now upset. LOL

Reactions: 10 people
my problem is that bama didn't even win their division, where as tOSU won their conference (granted a bit of a weaker conference, and they did lose twice).

Question for everybody:
Would bama have gotten in if they had beaten auburn, but then lost in the sec championship game last night? (all else the same, i.e. wisconsin loses, Clemson and OU win)

They would still be a 1 loss team from the sec, but the loss would be even more recent (obviously their one loss was also recent, being just a week ago). At least in that scenario, they would have won their division and finished 2nd in the SEC

And this is why if we ever want to get into the playoffs we need to schedule weak ooc opponents. If OSU played BYU instead of Oklahoma then they would have gotten in over Bama

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe if Greg Schiano's defense hadn't given up 55 points to Kirk Ferentz and the 80's greatest hits offense Ohio State would have made it in.

Reactions: 5 people
I just hope Clemson loses to Oklahoma in the title game. I want no more of Alabama winning titles and I don't want Georgia to end their streak of futility.

Reactions: 3 people
Really, bama (and the sec putting in two teams), benefited from the Big10 and Pac12 not having a great team this year.

Would also have been interesting if Miami had been undefeated going into last night. Then they lose to Clemson, but are only a 1 loss team that lost to the number 1 team in the nation (granted they did get blown out...). That would be:
Clemson, OU, UGA and then Bama and Miami with one loss (both non-conference champions), and tOSU, a 2 loss team, but a conference champion. I imagine they still would've gone with bama in that scenario as well (unless Miami played Clemson closely)

OSU got done by 30 points to Iowa. Auburn got a little hard done by but what can you say they've got 3 losses

I just want the best teams to play. I personally think OSU isnt on the same level as the 4 playoff teams. Hell i think So Cal is better

VN Store

Back