If wonder boy Herbstreit's favorite coach

On the radio, prior to the announcement, he literally said he thought Bama was the better team and deserved to be in the playoff.

He said that on the show several times. Then got out of chair and walked off the set when Bama chosen

Reactions: 2 people
Your team lost by 31 to freakin Iowa. And you got in last year in similar circumstances.

Get bent Herby.

In 2006, Florida was selected to play in the BCS title game, in part, because in 2004 an SEC team (Auburn) was denied an opportunity and the team they selected was blown out.

I think part of this decision has as much to do with last year as anything this year. Ohio State was selected without a conference title and went and got its tail kicked.

So, the same logic that put Ohio State in last year was used to keep them out.

In 2006, Florida was selected to play in the BCS title game, in part, because in 2004 an SEC team (Auburn) was denied an opportunity and the team they selected was blown out.

I think part of this decision has as much to do with last year as anything this year. Ohio State was selected without a conference title and went and got its tail kicked.

So, the same logic that put Ohio State in last year was used to keep them out.

Yep. And if it happens again (2 SEC teams) I'd bet we will have an 8 team playoff in the immediate future.

You can’t lose two games with one of them being blown out to a mediocre Iowa team and actually think you have a chance to make the playoff. I hate Alabama, but they made the right call.

Reactions: 3 people
You can’t lose two games with one of them being blown out to a mediocre Iowa team and actually think you have a chance to make the playoff. I hate Alabama, but they made the right call.

I don't even know why they made it even seem like it was a debate. Alabama CLEARLY deserved it over Ohio State. Getting blown out by 31 points at Iowa is the equivalent of Alabama going to Lexington and getting blown out by 31 points by Kentucky. If that happened, there is NO WAY Alabama would be in the conversation for a playoff spot. NO WAY.

I thought USC deserved to be in the debate before Ohio State.

Reactions: 1 person
Yep. And if it happens again (2 SEC teams) I'd bet we will have an 8 team playoff in the immediate future.

I was saying this the other day. I think the SEC getting two teams in is one of the quickest ways make the NCAA consider an 8 or 6 team playoff. In fact, they may consider it this year with an all SEC final.

It should go to 8 and be done with it.

I’ve always thought 8 was the perfect number. Basically gives you all 5 power conference champs plus 3 at large bids, and it’s only one more game. No need for byes or any of that nonsense. Knowing the NCAA, they’ll probably fight logic and d*** around with a 6 team system first.

On the radio, prior to the announcement, he literally said he thought Bama was the better team and deserved to be in the playoff.

Herbstreit is a football guy and knows that Alabama is the better team. I think he thought the committee would honor Ohio St's conference title and put them in though. A difference between what he thought would happen and what should happen.

If Ohio St lost to Iowa by a TD, I bet they would have gotten in. Ohio St has a huge following; maybe bigger than even Alabama's.

I’ve always thought 8 was the perfect number. Basically gives you all 5 power conference champs plus 3 at large bids, and it’s only one more game. No need for byes or any of that nonsense. Knowing the NCAA, they’ll probably fight logic and d*** around with a 6 team system first.

Please explain how 8 teams would equal only one more game vs 4 teams?

Please explain how 8 teams would equal only one more game vs 4 teams?

Can you explain how it wouldn't........8 teams to 4 teams to 2 teams = 3 games.......what am I missing? (It is Monday)

VN Store

Back