I'm sick of hearing about Ohio State

Caleb59seal

We understand they aren't a bad team but my lord they haven't done that much this year.... Plus you have no soul soooo there's that

They're not a playoff caliber team imo, but the cfp committee values conference championships above all else (No matter how bad your previous losses were) so I won't be surprised if they're in.

They're not a playoff caliber team imo, but the cfp committee values conference championships above all else (No matter how bad your previous losses were) so I won't be surprised if they're in.

Hmmm - last year not so.

They picked tOSU over Big 10 champs PSU.

Reactions: 1 person

Do what? Did you already forget last year?

OSU has been blew out twice this year. Holy hell the hypocrisy if they get in this year after the stink they made last year about how they had merit of getting in despite not winning their conference, and losing head to head against Penn State.

USC had a harder schedule, more top 40 wins, went undefeated at home, and didnt have a bye week this year.

But because the playoff is way more interested in money, nobody talks about them.

People here are thinking 11-2 OSU is going to get the nod over 11-1 Alabama, I take it?

Timing matters a ton. You can get blown out early or in the middle. But if you have a great run at the end and add in a conference title it makes it seemingly erases the losses. Unless you use a purely analytical approach it will factor into the rankings.

Timing matters a ton. You can get blown out early or in the middle. But if you have a great run at the end and add in a conference title it makes it seemingly erases the losses. Unless you use a purely analytical approach it will factor into the rankings.

OSU got blown out in November. Still might not matter.

OSU has been blew out twice this year. Holy hell the hypocrisy if they get in this year after the stink they made last year about how they had merit of getting in despite not winning their conference, and losing head to head against Penn State.

Bingo.

That would have worked for Auburn. Ohio State, on the other hand, did nothing of the sort.

Timing doesn't matter. It is ratings, prestige, and money. The committee putting in Ohio State over Alabama would be the most hypocritical thing you will find. Last year the same exact situation happened and Ohio State got in over Penn State.

If you are going to take a two loss champ from a major conference without looking like a major hypocrite you take USC.

The discussion should be Bama or USC. Ohio State lost by 31 to a 7-5 win team and by 14 at home.

But they will get in. I am sure the Ohio State AD will have zero influence in the room tomorrow.

If you are going to take a two loss champ from a major conference without looking like a major hypocrite you take USC.

Yup. The committee talked about how they could not get over the 39 point loss to Michigan last year to keep out. How the hell you gonna let an Ohio State team in with a 31 loss in November to 7-5 Iowa???

Yup. The committee talked about how they could not get over the 39 point loss to Michigan last year to keep out. How the hell you gonna let an Ohio State team in with a 31 loss in November to 7-5 Iowa???

OSU is the only team in the Top 25 with a 4 TD+ loss to an unranked team.

OSU is the only team in the Top 25 with a 4 TD+ loss to an unranked team.

Ohio State also pulled a horse shoe out of their ass against Penn State.

Ohio State almost got beat by Alex Hornibrook. USC and Bama would blow them off the field.

Actually, we should put Ohio State in. I want them to be exposed by 30 to Clemson like last year.

It blows my mind how every year the committee bends their main criteria for Ohio State.

2014- Well even though OSU had the worst loss between Baylor and TCU, a confernce title game matters most. We want the four best resumes.

2016- Well we want the four best teams. Ohio State has a better team because they only loss once and didnt get blown out.

2017- Well the most important thing is a conference championship

Reactions: 4 people
It blows my mind how every year the committee bends their main criteria for Ohio State.

2014- Well even though OSU had the worst loss between Baylor and TCU, a confernce title game matters most. We want the four best resumes.

2016- Well we want the four best teams. Ohio State has a better team because they only loss once and didnt get blown out.

2017- Well the most important thing is a conference championship
Might as well write them in every year. It is freaking sickening.

VN Store

Back