SEC championship! National championship.

Orange defense

Blood runneth orange in my veins
I always want the SEC to win a national championship every year, because we are in it. So, my question is this: is there a possibility of two SEC teams this year getting into the playoffs for the first time ever? What is the scenarios for this route? Alabama is sitting at 5, and Georgia and Auburn play each other again as we know. Can the winner of that game and Bama sneak in to keep the SEC tradition going? Now I know some of you hate Alabama, Georgia, and Auburn to succeed, but I will pull for them regardless. Those of you that are SEC fans outside of the regular season, I say let’s get another championship in our conference. While all of this is going on, we must build our Vols somehow back to SEC championship prominence!
As always GBO and let’s find our new coach that is going to bring us back!:rock::clapping:

It does not help us one bit for a School in the SEC to win the natty not named Tennessee.....In fact it probably hurts us more than anything. GO Wisconsin

Reactions: 3 people
It does not help us one bit for a School in the SEC to win the natty not named Tennessee.....In fact it probably hurts us more than anything. GO Wisconsin
I wouldn’t think it would hurt us at all. I always thought it helps us, instead of hurting us. JMO though!:hi:

Reactions: 1 person
I wouldn’t think it would hurt us at all. I always thought it helps us, instead of hurting us. JMO though!:hi:

we recruit the South, recruits like winners. Not hard at all to see how it hurts us. Especially after we just thru up a big fat goose egg in conference play this year

When the SEC was on a 7 year run and it wasn’t JUST Bama it was a fun talking point with buddies who were fans of teams in the ACC and Big 10. It was just silly trash talk though. Ultimately I don’t care.

Truth be told, that run and Saban have ruined the SEC. it’s so volatile now if you don’t meet that bar coaches get fired for just one bad season. Now the best coaches are weary of coming into the conference. Unless they already have some history in the SEC the top tier coaches want no part. That is part of our predicament right now (compounded by Currie’s colossal cluck up with the Schiano debacle).

we recruit the South, recruits like winners. Not hard at all to see how it hurts us. Especially after we just thru up a big fat goose egg in conference play this year
You may be right, but with the right coach at hand we would be back quick with the right players.

When the SEC was on a 7 year run and it wasn’t JUST Bama it was a fun talking point with buddies who were fans of teams in the ACC and Big 10. It was just silly trash talk though. Ultimately I don’t care.

Truth be told, that run and Saban have ruined the SEC. it’s so volatile now if you don’t meet that bar coaches get fired for just one bad season. Now the best coaches are weary of coming into the conference. Unless they already have some history in the SEC the top tier coaches want no part. That is part of our predicament right now (compounded by Currie’s colossal cluck up with the Schiano debacle).
I don’t know if it ruined it or not, but I would love to see a different SEC team to win it every year, even with us in the mix. It is fun talking to friends that aren’t fans of the SEC, and watching them get frustrated at you, because you’re part of that SEC tradition that will never leave your blood. My friends will try to trash talk me, but to no avail.

If it was multiple schools winning and we were competitive it would be nice. but as it has been recently with Bama and then everyone else, I would say it has definitely hurt the SEC.

Pulling for Auburn to win SEC Championship. Can Bama get back in and how? Auburn, Clemson, Oklahoma and Wisconsin are in front of them.
One of the aforementioned would have to lose. If Georgia wins the SEC they are probably in. If Clemson loses is Bama or Miami in? That means Wisconsin would have to lose to Ohio St. for Bama to get in.

Last edited:

Goes both ways. I always want the SEC to be good. For many years I talk to basketball fans outside the SEC who give UK a hard time for the level of competition. I would love the SEC to have 5 or 6 good teams in the NCAA every year. But at the same time I don't UF or another team winning titles. That definitely hurts. But at least in basketball, when teams finally start getting a few big time players, it makes the play and matchups a lot more interesting.

The SEC champ is in
The ACC champ is in
If Oklahoma wins they are in
If Wisconsin wins they are

If Oklahoma loses, then Alabama is in. If OSU wins it'll be between them and Alabama. If TCU and OSU both win the final 4 will be Alabama/OSU/ACC/SEC

Reactions: 1 person
The SEC champ is in
The ACC champ is in

If Oklahoma loses, then Alabama is in. If OSU wins it'll be between them and Alabama. If TCU and OSU both win the final 4 will be Alabama/OSU/ACC/SEC

I see it the same way.

The SEC champ is in
The ACC champ is in

This. A bunch of play-in games!

VN Store

Back