Pretty sure Mullen would have.....

leeinator

.....seriously considered UT. In fact, he was going back and forth with Currie a bit, but when things started dragging on UT's end, the Gators jumped in once they saw Kelly wasn't coming to Gainesville. Credit Florida for having a quick trigger on Mullen. Gators thought UT was about to get Mullen. He is a great QB developer. See Alex Smith, Tim Tebow, Dak Prescott, and now Nick Fitzgerald. That skillset would have served UT well.

.....seriously considered UT. In fact, he was going back and forth with Currie a bit, but when things started dragging on UT's end, the Gators jumped in once they saw Kelly wasn't coming to Gainesville. Credit Florida for having a quick trigger on Mullen. Gators thought UT was about to get Mullen. He is a great QB developer. See Alex Smith, Tim Tebow, Dak Prescott, and now Nick Fitzgerald. That skillset would have served UT well.

True...I read Mullen wanted to meet Friday Currie wouldn't til Sunday so that told him UT already had the guy and he was just like Patterson.
Who knew GS was the #1
Do they want UT to lose?

I will go on record and say Mullen was the one I wanted here. I feel he's going to be a huge problem for us at FL. If we don't get, not only the right coach, but right asst coaches and new AD (Fulmer) in here we will be at the bottom for years to come.

Reactions: 1 person
Mullen was never going to Tennessee once Kelly took the UCLA job. He really wanted to go to Florida. Florida really wanted Kelly, and Mullen wasn't going to make any sort of a move until he could confirm whether or not the Florida job was taken or open.

Mullen was the one sandbagging. He worked with Strickland as his AD at MSU. One of the reasons he passed on thevUF job previously was his gripe with Foley. He was slow playing and yes, would likely have taken UT if Kelly went to UF. Schiano was always #2 and my guess is they didn't press Mullen.

Currie would still have a job right now if he'd put on the full-court press for Dan Mullen. Of course, we all know he was just taking orders from Haslam.

Mullen was the one sandbagging. He worked with Strickland as his AD at MSU. One of the reasons he passed on thevUF job previously was his gripe with Foley. He was slow playing and yes, would likely have taken UT if Kelly went to UF. Schiano was always #2 and my guess is they didn't press Mullen.

Yes from what I’ve heard him and Foley didn’t care for each other and im pretty sure he never offered Mullen which imo he should have after Muschamp

VN Store

Back