Well the Florida State job just opened up.

Jimbo and FSU wasn't a good match. Him and administration hated each other...another good SEC hire.

They better have a big checkbook with lots of checks in it. :) $100-120m+ to get out of the buyout for Sumllin/Jimbo, and all Jimbo's requirements.

They owe Sumlin $10m within 58 days. LOL

I was about to say... I thought his buyout was untouchable?

TAMU can spend this kind of money, but we have to dumpster dive? And get flamed by national media types for not standing for it?

Reactions: 3 people
I was about to say... I thought his buyout was untouchable?

TAMU can spend this kind of money, but we have to dumpster dive? And get flamed by national media types for not standing for it?

The estimates on Jimbo are based on the remaining amounts owed to the assistant coaches, if they are not retained... probably in the $10m+ range, but that is just a guessimate. TAM owes Sumlin $10m and that can't be recouped, not sure about the assistants... Chavis is one of the high paid assistants....so you figure they probably are in the $25-30m range just for buyouts. :eek:lol:

TAM likes to waste money, you have to love these amateur(?) sports. :) Seriously, if this does happen... LSU might have to actually show up for the TAM games now... I was hoping Chip or something. LOL

VN Store

Back