Ole Miss Hires Matt Luke

Speaking of Mississippi schools how many times did you say Mullen would never leave state for UF?

And that **** happened like 24 hours after chip was announced to ucla turns out there wasn’t too much for him to think about

I accidently logged out, and saw your comment while logged out.. but you are on my ignore. (I will response this once) I believe I said coaches moving between power schools is getting less likely due to the high salaries/buyouts, not impossible, stupid, but not impossible. In the case of Mullen, I said it would take big money.... was I wrong?

So, Florida is onto its 4th homerun hire in 8 years while still paying the last two. Each his own, seems kind of foolish to me... but I for one would never conceive of a way to get out of a game due to rain storm either so they probably have it well handled. The Florida officials have it all figured out just like they had the other guys figured out - just a ton more money this time.

I’m just glad our AD didn’t piss himself after missing on his top target and hire randy fricking shannon

Mullen’s record at miss st may not be great but it’s a hell of a lot better then the shrimp boat captain did at ole miss

Wait you still think McElwaine is getting his big buyout? Lol gotta be about done with muschamp too so ya not exactly paying the last 2 much at all anymore

Last edited:
Thought ole miss would do better and go after mike norvell or chad morris at least

If they lose shea patterson they will be pisses if they keep him they might not be too mad

@AntonioCMorales

Turnkey was the search firm Ole Miss used. Same firm LSU used last year, which resulted in hiring of Ed Orgeron

Found this gem. lazy ****ers :eek:lol:

Reactions: 1 person
I think Turnkey did some work for UT too. or at least I have heard the name.

also this is probably smart with the NCAA still looming.

I think Turnkey did some work for UT too. or at least I have heard the name.

also this is probably smart with the NCAA still looming.

Yup, good hire probably with the total situation considered. He is going to have to find a way to keep some of the players from jumping ship depending on sanctions.

You have to figure Shea is a good possibility of jumping ship.

Yup, good hire probably with the total situation considered. He is going to have to find a way to keep some of the players from jumping ship depending on sanctions.

You have to figure Shea is a good possibility of jumping ship.

depends on when the sanctions come down. not sure he gains much jumping ship. pretty clear he is going to the NFL, and probably can leave early, after the 2018 season.

depends on when the sanctions come down. not sure he gains much jumping ship. pretty clear he is going to the NFL, and probably can leave early, after the 2018 season.

Ta'amu looked much better than Shea during the LSU game, even before he (Shea) got hurt. imo Ole Miss just replaces one good QB with another one. Not sure Shea leaving really even hurts Ole Miss... crazy.

Ta'amu looked much better than Shea during the LSU game, even before he (Shea) got hurt. imo Ole Miss just replaces one good QB with another one. Not sure Shea leaving really even hurts Ole Miss... crazy.

it may not, but unless he can start immediately I still think it hurts Shea to leave.

Thought ole miss would do better and go after mike norvell or chad morris at least

If they lose shea patterson they will be pisses if they keep him they might not be too mad

.....with the NCAA hammer about to strike, they likely get no bowl again next year. No big name coach is going to go into that situation until things clear up a bit. So do what's affordable and comfortable. Luke is a decent coach and the players seem to like him. Taking out MSU's QB in the Egg Bowl got them that upset win. Just hope they didn't intentionally do it. If they did.....then very very dirty play!

even the team going on probation, can make a head football coach hire....The big orange is pretty tiny these days

VN Store

Back