Michigan, Jim Harbaugh working on 'lifetime contract,' report says

Michigan and football coach Jim Harbaugh are working toward a lifetime contract, Fox Sports analyst Brady Quinn said Tuesday on Fox Sports Radio.

A lifetime deal between a coach and a college football program would be unprecedented in the sport, according to FootballScoop.com.

"I talked to someone who's kind of an insider within that program, and we had a long, drawn-out conversation," Quinn said. "What he told me was that they're working on a lifetime contract. I swear to you, that was his words.

Excerpt. Read more at: Michigan, Jim Harbaugh working on 'lifetime contract,' report says

I haven't heard much from Harbaugh since he went on a tirade about his players not skipping the bowl game and then Jabrill Peppers wouldn't get within 50 feet of the football field.

Lifetime, how the hell does that even work?

Sooner or later for one reason or another there will be a parting of ways you can take that to the bank.

At that point would one party owe the other party some crazy number like 200 million dollars, haha

He needs that angle. So far, JH hasn't delivered. He will need a way to survive once the 2nd coming wears off.

Reactions: 1 person

Sooner or later for one reason or another there will be a parting of ways you can take that to the bank.

At that point would one party owe the other party some crazy number like 200 million dollars, haha

They way all the 'accusers' are coming out of the woodwork - he better be careful with the sleepover stuff -- just cause for firing if he doesnt start winning NCs

I know that Harbaugh is not an indolent man, but offering a lifetime contract is carte blanche for complacency. One of the driving forces behind every coach's determination to achieve excellence is the fear of being fired.

They added language in the contract that they can legally execute him if they don’t win an NC in 8 years.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back