Tee Martin to UCLA?

Dougie_D

Now this is just what I heard. I know this sounds crazy, but my ex roommate dated a guy that is part of the UCLA staff.

So naturally I asked her to dig info for me. What she told me was that he's not unsure that Chip Kelly is coming because that's been never discussed through his peers or whatever.

But what has...was talks earlier that UCLA would go after TEE MARTIN if they felt there was a change.

Interesting to say that the firing happened right after the UCLA vs USC game.

He also said that the decision would be easier if Sam Darnold goes to NFL. He said if Sammy stays, then Tee probably declines the offer.

*** this is just what my ex roomate said. ***

Darnold is going to the NFL. He will likely be the top QB pick in the draft. Dude has tons of talent.

Tee would jump at the offer regardless of what Darnold does. Do not think UCLA would offer him the job though.

Tee Martin isn't going to UCLA or any other school for a long long time...Not sure what some of you see in him but he is not ready to be a head coach.

Reactions: 1 person
Tee Martin isn't going to UCLA or any other school for a long long time...Not sure what some of you see in him but he is not ready to be a head coach.

The fact that:

(*) he's one of the best recruiters in the nation,
(*) one of the best OCs in the nation,
(*) one of the best at developing QBs and WRs in the nation, and
(*) he won a national title as a player

I don't see why everyone is so eager to downplay his success. Tee can be a great Head Coach. UCLA would be smart to go after him (for the double benefit that they'd be getting a potentially great coach, while also harming their fiercest rival).

The fact that:

(*) he's one of the best recruiters in the nation,
(*) one of the best OCs in the nation,
(*) one of the best at developing QBs and WRs in the nation, and
(*) he won a national title as a player

I don't see why everyone is so eager to downplay his success. Tee can be a great Head Coach. UCLA would be smart to go after him (for the double benefit that they'd be getting a potentially great coach, while also harming their fiercest rival).

Yeah I guess that's why he gets so many offers :angel:

Yeah I guess that's why he gets so many offers :angel:

He’s been coaching for all of 8 years at the collegiate level, 11 total. His time is now and he’s getting looked at by a number of schools. Get your head out of the gutter and get a clue.

Come on. This thread needs to be deleted. Your ex roomate who used to date a guy who knew someone who..

Most pointless thread ever.

He’s been coaching for all of 8 years at the collegiate level, 11 total. His time is now and he’s getting looked at by a number of schools. Get your head out of the gutter and get a clue.
I've seen Ga. Southern and South Alabama with an interest. Not exactly a stampede. Maybe you could enlighten us on the other interest. Most USC fans would be tickled for him to leave.

He's been looked at by small schools...No big school is going to take a chance on a unproven coach..He's never been a head coach before...Zero experience at it...let him cut his skills at a smaller school before attempting to go bigtime..He's not ready...Period

I only know 2nd hand but he's same guy that told me about the Cuonzo to Cal job.
During that time my ex Roomie was dating him.
But I trust whatever he might say about it

He's been looked at by small schools...No big school is going to take a chance on a unproven coach..He's never been a head coach before...Zero experience at it...let him cut his skills at a smaller school before attempting to go bigtime..He's not ready...Period

Kirby Smart says hello

I still think Chip goes to UCLA. Maybe Tee moves over there as OC and learns under Chip for a few years, then grabs an HC job?

Fulmer hadn't either when he took over for Majors. Smart had no HC experience before going to UGa. Frost was the same way. Cent Mich even gave Butch a chance.

So what is the criteria for a coach to be ready for a HC position? Years on the job as OC? Butch had 6. Frost had 3 as OC before becoming a HC.

Fulmer hadn't either when he took over for Majors. Smart had no HC experience before going to UGa. Frost was the same way. Cent Mich even gave Butch a chance.

So what is the criteria for a coach to be ready for a HC position? Years on the job as OC? Butch had 6. Frost had 3 as OC before becoming a HC.

Dabo didn't even have HC experience either, he also didn't have coordinator experience.

VN Store

Back