Florida hypocrites(job search)

GetEmVols

Love how everyone laughs at Vol fans for obsessing over coaches and then you go over to Florida boards and see rumors all over the place about their coach search.

Everyone is a hypocrite

Reactions: 1 person
Difference being our AD has actually made contact and progress with the coach we're currently obsessing over...hence the obsession.

UT fans on the other hand is obsessing over the longest of long shots.

Small distinction imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Difference being our AD has actually made contact and progress with the coach we're currently obsessing over...hence the obsession.

Small distinction imo.

You guys were obsessing before today.

Difference being our AD has actually made contact and progress with the coach we're currently obsessing over.

Small distinction imo.

How do you know that Currie hasn't made contact and progress with Gruden? Difference being your AD's contact and progress is public while Currie isn't putting his cards on the table for the public to see (exhibit A... the hiring of TN's new baseball coach).

Small distinction imo.

I know you know what Currie said. Don’t believe anything unless we hear it from him. And he isn’t saying anything.

We don’t actually know the details of our search. Stricklin has been much more open with you guys. That’s the major difference.

And don’t confuse the Grudenites as representing our whole fan base you know that too. No, he is not coming here. Most of us “know” that. Common sense pretty much dictates it.

Reactions: 3 people
How do you know that Currie hasn't made contact and progress with Gruden? Difference being your AD's contact and progress is public while Currie isn't putting his cards on the table for the public to see (exhibit A... the hiring of TN's new baseball coach).

This is exactly why people are laughing at UT fans.

I know you know what Currie said. Don’t believe anything unless we hear it from him. And he isn’t saying anything.

We don’t actually know the details of our search. Stricklin has been much more open with you guys. That’s the major difference.

And don’t confuse the Grudenites as representing our whole fan base you know that too. No, he is not coming here. Most of us “know” that. Common sense pretty much dictates it.

That's just it...Stricklin hasn't been open with the details of our search. It's been quite the opposite, especially compared to our previous AD. All we know is the search is progressing, and that's straight from Stricklin. Kelly is our top target no doubt, but we didn't learn that from Stricklin.

Outside of a very small vocal minority, no one outside of Knoxville expects Gruden to take the UT job.

That's just it...Stricklin hasn't been open with the details of our search. It's been quite the opposite, especially compared to our previous AD. All we know is the search is progressing, and that's straight from Stricklin. Kelly is our top target no doubt, but we didn't learn that from Stricklin.

Outside of a very small vocal minority, no one outside of Knoxville expects Gruden to take the UT job.

So I’m not gonna buy that completely. I don’t remember exact details (there is a LOT of new stuff in the last 36 hrs or so) but there was a discussion putting Stricklin at a specific place and time in discussions with Kelly I am thinking it was. Then not long after that comes out he tweets a selfie of himself in front of a class he just gave a lecture on at that exact time slot? No he didn’t “say” anything but he did communicate to you guys.

Where as when our guy gets a specific Gruden question in the only presser I know if he’s had on this and he replies with a Joker like ish-eating grin that’s all the Grudenites need to believe the second coming of Chuckie is upon us. I would submit our guy “communicated” nothing in that case.

But like I’ve said to other of you guys. Getting excited is understandable it’s natural. I don’t blame you guys.

I am obsessed because it’s news.

I actually wanted Frost. Not that I’m not happy here.

In addition, there is actual news here. Many are standing by their claim that Kelly to Florida is done.

A lot of people would look stupid if this doesn’t happen.

This isn’t just “Tenacious D” putting this stuff out there.

If Hubbs put it out there that Gruden to Tennessee is done, you’d but in and understandably so

The gruden thing has gone on for years and years

Kelly thing has gone on for a week or so and I'm already sick of it I don't know how guys do it with the grumors

So I’m not gonna buy that completely. I don’t remember exact details (there is a LOT of new stuff in the last 36 hrs or so) but there was a discussion putting Stricklin at a specific place and time in discussions with Kelly I am thinking it was. Then not long after that comes out he tweets a selfie of himself in front of a class he just gave a lecture on at that exact time slot? No he didn’t “say” anything but he did communicate to you guys.

Where as when our guy gets a specific Gruden question in the only presser I know if he’s had on this and he replies with a Joker like ish-eating grin that’s all the Grudenites need to believe the second coming of Chuckie is upon us. I would submit our guy “communicated” nothing in that case.

But like I’ve said to other of you guys. Getting excited is understandable it’s natural. I don’t blame you guys.

Stricklin posted the selfie to disprove those rumors. However there were unconfirmed reports Stricklin flew up north to meet with Kelly's agent after the class...nice troll job if that was true.

And it's not as though Stricklin pulled a Jeremy Foley in 2002 and all but announced to the world he was going after Bob Stoops and Mike Shanahan after Spurrier left.

Neither AD has been "public" about the search, other than giving extremely generic answers to questions from the media.

Last edited:
It isn’t in an AD’s best interest to be public about it. For the exact reason you pointed out with Foley after Spurrier. I understand that. I’m pretty sure I’d do it the same way. Why set yourself up to look like a jackass of your own doing.

There is a short list of people whom will be kept in the loop each step of the way. Some because you directly work for them. Others because you indirectly work for them (BMDs). The rest of us have to rely on the tea leaves.

It isn’t in an AD’s best interest to be public about it. For the exact reason you pointed out with Foley after Spurrier. I understand that. I’m pretty sure I’d do it the same way. Why set yourself up to look like a jackass of your own doing.

There is a short list of people whom will be kept in the loop each step of the way. Some because you directly work for them. Others because you indirectly work for them (BMDs). The rest of us have to rely on the tea leaves.

Tea leaves and agents leaking information to get their clients nice fat raises. Take Dan Mullen for instance.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back