Most Overrated Coach

Ethan Hooper

Who do you think it is? For me it is Jim Harbaugh. I'm pretty young so some of you guys may have a different opinion. I don't know that I've seen anyone else receive so much love with so few accomplishments. He's a good coach, just not on the level some people seem to believe.

Reactions: 2 people
I don’t think Calipari is a great x-o’s coach. Great salesman though.

He's one of the best recruiters I've seen in any sport. I think he's probably a better coach than some give him credit for. His teams are just so young and that lack of experience hurts them in the big dance.

Reactions: 5 people
I don’t think Calipari is a great x-o’s coach. Great salesman though.

Basketball is a bit different in regards to x and os because the game doesn't stop like in football. So idk if being great in that aspect is required as much as football. But he's a great salesman and probably knows a thing or two about sports psychology to get all these talents to play together

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Who do you think it is? For me it is Jim Harbaugh. I'm pretty young so some of you guys may have a different opinion. I don't know that I've seen anyone else receive so much love with so few accomplishments. He's a good coach, just not on the level some people seem to believe.

Before Michigan his rep was earned imo he did great job with sf and stanford

But he doesn't look so hot right now I agree still a ton of NFL teams would hire him

Too early to tell on Harbaugh imo, he lost an insane amount of players from last year. Despite his now tarnished record, I think Art Briles was overrated. He lived on rarely playing anyone with a pulse, similar to when Franklin was at vandy making sure his ooc games were as soft as possible.

Too early to tell on Harbaugh imo, he lost an insane amount of players from last year. Despite his now tarnished record, I think Art Briles was overrated. He lived on rarely playing anyone with a pulse, similar to when Franklin was at vandy making sure his ooc games were as soft as possible.

What? Briles was winning big in a good conference

Reactions: 3 people
Before Michigan his rep was earned imo he did great job with sf and stanford

But he doesn't look so hot right now I agree still a ton of NFL teams would hire him

He's definitely a good coach, but I just haven't seen enough to put him in the category some others seem to put him in. There are only a handful of college coaches I would consider elite.

What? Briles was winning big in a good conference

Not as much as people remember and against as many nobodies as possible. Remember when he said he wasn't scheduling tougher teams and dared the playoff committee to keep out an undefeated Baylor? 2013-14 were his only good years in conference, otherwise his best season tied for 3rd in a conference with only Oklahoma and sometimes Okie State/TCU.

Essentially he had about 8 auto wins every year and then just had to deal with 3 teams that are hit or miss from year to year in KSU, OSU, and TCU. Then he had Oklahoma, also helped that Texas was down.

Not as much as people remember and against as many nobodies as possible. Remember when he said he wasn't scheduling tougher teams and dared the playoff committee to keep out an undefeated Baylor? 2013-14 were his only good years in conference, otherwise his best season tied for 3rd in a conference with only Oklahoma and sometimes Okie State/TCU.

Essentially he had about 8 auto wins every year and then just had to deal with 3 teams that are hit or miss from year to year in KSU, OSU, and TCU. Then he had Oklahoma, also helped that Texas was down.

lol auto wins at Baylor? You've lost your mind. Clearly you don't understand anything about Baylor football before Briles.

lol auto wins at Baylor? You've lost your mind. Clearly you don't understand anything about Baylor football before Briles.

Yea it's not like he bent the rules to get much better players than they had ever had or anything, that's just as crazy as assuming he got fired for covering up those same players problems......The reality is he played made sure he played as weak of an ooc as possible and the big 12 is only Oklahoma and some other teams sometimes. You keep saying I'm crazy and you've yet to disprove anything I've said.

Yea it's not like he bent the rules to get much better players than they had ever had or anything, that's just as crazy as assuming he got fired for covering up those same players problems......The reality is he played made sure he played as weak of an ooc as possible and the big 12 is only Oklahoma and some other teams sometimes. You keep saying I'm crazy and you've yet to disprove anything I've said.

They were the worst team in the big twelve when he arrived. You are crazy. He's one of the best coaches out there.

They were the worst team in the big twelve when he arrived. You are crazy. He's one of the best coaches out there.

They were paper tigers under him, that's a fact. Look at when their record started to get better, no more p5 ooc and rarely played/beat anyone that finished the season ranked. Kansas, Iowa St, Texas Tech, Texas, 3 Sunbelt/FCS level programs. Kansas St is good every few years otherwise average at best. 8 wins that he out talented every single year once his dirty recruiting kicked in. I think he had an innovative system but he was overrated.

They were paper tigers under him, that's a fact. Look at when their record started to get better, no more p5 ooc and rarely played/beat anyone that finished the season ranked. Kansas, Iowa St, Texas Tech, Texas, 3 Sunbelt/FCS level programs. Kansas St is good every few years otherwise average at best. 8 wins that he out talented every single year once his dirty recruiting kicked in. I think he had an innovative system but he was overrated.

He won the conference twice at a school that could barely win a game before he got there. You hate the guy and that's cool. Doesn't change the fact that he's a very good coach

He won the conference twice at a school that could barely win a game before he got there. You hate the guy and that's cool. Doesn't change the fact that he's a very good coach

I don't hate him as a coach, I think he's a good coach. Clearly a disgusting person and that's just as undeniable.lol You can't disprove any of my points though and he only won the Big 12 once, tied with TCU the other time which was the same year he dared the CPF committe to disregard Baylor just because of the previously mentioned weak schedule(s).

And he's not the only one to purposely soften the schedule. James Franklin did it at Vandy, Mullen does it at MSU and I'm sure there are plenty of other examples out there. All I would consider overrated as well, though not as much as Briles.

I don't hate him as a coach, I think he's a good coach. Clearly a disgusting person and that's just as undeniable.lol You can't disprove any of my points though and he only won the Big 12 once, tied with TCU the other time which was the same year he dared the CPF committe to disregard Baylor just because of the previously mentioned weak schedule(s).

And he's not the only one to purposely soften the schedule. James Franklin did it at Vandy, Mullen does it at MSU and I'm sure there are plenty of other examples out there. All I would consider overrated as well, though not as much as Briles.

He took a team that hadn't had a winning season since 1995 and won ten games or more multiple times and two conference championships. If you think no coach prior to him at Baylor played a weak non conference schedule during any of the 13 years without a winning season before he got there, then you're simply a fool.

If you don't remember how bad Baylor was, you must be 12.

VN Store

Back