Arkansas Fires AD

LSU-SIU

Arkansas Razorbacks fire AD Jeff Long

Bielema is under contract through the 2020 season and would be owed a buyout of about $15 million, sources said, if he's fired without cause.

I thought it was much lower but I would have to go look.

Already out:
- Butch
- Sharky
- Freeze
Good chance of being gone:
- Bielema
- Sumlin
Other possibilities:
- Odom
- Gus

Gus isn't likely to be going anywhere....except SEC championship game. If his team plays bama like they did uga he may be in the SECCG again.

Odom isn't going anywhere this year after saving the season for now.

With Vandy and Arkansas left, Missouri is all but guaranteed to make a bowl. They aren't firing Odom after that. Heck, he could very easily end the year on a six game win streak.

After the recovery Aubie has made, firing Gus would be program suicide. They’d really struggle to find a replacement

Arkansas Razorbacks fire AD Jeff Long

I thought it was much lower but I would have to go look.

Already out:
- Butch
- Sharky
- Freeze
Good chance of being gone:
- Bielema
- Sumlin
Other possibilities:
- Odom
- Gus

Odom is pretty much safe at this point. Now whether or not that’s actually a good thing for Missouri in the long run will be something that remains to be seen.

Odom is pretty much safe at this point. Now whether or not that’s actually a good thing for Missouri in the long run will be something that remains to be seen.

It'll be good for us in the long run....assuming we hire a solid coach.:)

Bielema won't be fired if they don't have an AD.

Interesting isn't it? Even if the interim AD could/would fire Bielema you're not going to hire a decent coach without a permanent AD in place. No coach is going to take a job unless they know who the AD is. They really dug themselves a deep hole on this one. They're going to be stuck trying to hire for two positions at the school. The only scenario I can imagine here for a move like this is that Jeff Long basically said he was never going to fire Bielema.

VN Store

Back