Look who is going after Jimbo Fisher

Well we may not get our guy. But I'm glad we have our sights set on a better hire than A&M. That's surprising to me.

Well we may not get our guy. But I'm glad we have our sights set on a better hire than A&M. That's surprising to me.

He's one of the best coach's in college football. Outside of Gruden nobody on the list I have seen is even a close 2nd based off his winning %, Championships, recruiting and staff he could assemble.

Reactions: 1 person
He's one of the best coach's in college football. Outside of Gruden nobody on the list I have seen is even a close 2nd based off his winning %, Championships, recruiting and staff he could assemble.

Peaked Imo. He is a great coach no doubt. But I'd rather have a hungry good coach on the rise than the guy who seems to hit complacency. I.E. end of Fulmers tenure here.

Next to Gruden? Have you looked at Gruden's win percentage? It's in the 58% range. I swear, I don't understand the infatuation with JG. The guy won a super bowl 15 years ago, hasn't coached a down of college football in 20 years and everyone thinks he's the greatest coach of all time. He has stated himself that he does not want to recruit and that he couldn't follow the 20 hour rule. I realize that opinions are like butt's, but in my opinion, there are a good 10-15 current coaches (HC's and Coordinators) that are much better options.........to include Jimbo Fisher

Reactions: 3 people
Next to Gruden? Have you looked at Gruden's win percentage? It's in the 58% range. I swear, I don't understand the infatuation with JG. The guy won a super bowl 15 years ago, hasn't coached a down of college football in 20 years and everyone thinks he's the greatest coach of all time. He has stated himself that he does not want to recruit and that he couldn't follow the 20 hour rule. I realize that opinions are like butt's, but in my opinion, there are a good 10-15 current coaches (HC's and Coordinators) that are much better options.........to include Jimbo Fisher

Pete Carroll - 59%
Nick Saban - 47%
Tom Landry - 61%
Andy Reid - 60%
Mike Ditka - 56%

I don't think you realize the parity in the NFL compared to college football. Winning 60% of your games when the competition is consistently on a level playing field is a major accomplishment. Just ask some of the Hall of Famers listed above.

Reactions: 4 people

This all dayum day

Saban won 47% in NFL, does that make him a bad coach? In the NFL they have to deal with salary caps and GM"s.

Gruden, like Saban can go out and get the best players. Who would not want to play for Gruden?! His name basically recruits it's self!

Now any coach even if "homerun" hire is not guaranteed to succeed, but best chance is with "homerun" hires like Gruden.

Saban won 47% in NFL, does that make him a bad coach? In the NFL they have to deal with salary caps and GM"s.

Gruden, like Saban can go out and get the best players. Who would not want to play for Gruden?! His name basically recruits it's self!

Now any coach even if "homerun" hire is not guaranteed to succeed, but best chance is with "homerun" hires like Gruden.

Saban was a proven college coach before he went to the NFL. Bama wasn't taking a winger on some dude who had been out of work for a decade.

same with Spurrier and most of the other college turned NFL turned back to college who have success. they were already successful.

dcVOLFanatic you hit the nail on the head. Gruden has no record as a college coach. I don't see what they see. I can name 10 coaches I would hire ahead of him.

VN Store

Back