The Official Duke/UNC 2017/18 Basketball Thread!!!

RDU VOL#14

I’m a Flawed Character
The Official Duke vs. UNC 2017/18 Basketball Thread is back for another year!! Duke once again comes in with a stellar recruiting class and currently ranked #1. Freshman Marvin Bagley is averaging nearly 25 points a game through his first 2 games and this seems to be a different style of a Duke squad than recent years. This team is a very big team and very athletic, rotating probably 9 guys. The guys I've talked to on campus say this team is as good or better than the 2015 National title team. That remains to be seen, especially after last years disappointment.

I think UNC will take a step back this season, especially with Joel Berry having a broken wrist early on. I'm not sure where the offense will come from. If Bradley had come back I would've had no problems predicting UNC as a Final Four team, but I just don't see it now. UNC should be different too, being more perimeter oriented, which is not typical of Roy's teams.

I see Duke as a Final Four contender, I think after starting slowly UNC will find their stride like Roy's teams always do and they can make a deep run. Duke should not lose to UNC this season.

So as always....

GO TO HELL CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!!

Reactions: 2 people
Boooooooo this thread. Get on the basketvol train man

I'm from Durham. I've been to more games at Cameron indoor Stadium than I have to Neyland and TBA combined. I was a ball boy for the '91&'92 national title teams. My first allegiance is to the Vols, as I am a UT grad and college football fan first and foremost, but I'm not some random Duke fan just because they're good.

Reactions: 1 person
If we could get a thread title edit to "The Official Duke/Reigning, Defending National Champion UNC 2017/18 Basketball Thread!!!" that would be great. TIA!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back