Current Head Coaching Openings

GVF

Talk Dirty To Me
Didn't scan past first page, so if there is an updated thread it is buried deeper...So, here are the current openings. FL the only real competition for the first good hire. FCS not listed. Possible openings coming soon not listed.

Florida
Tennessee
Ole Miss
Texas A&M
Arkansas (Likely, but bad timing with other SEC schools looking. they would end up worse than BB changing this year??)
Oregon State
GA Southern
UTEP

Would be interesting see see list of legit possible coaches attached atleast to the SEC schools, as that landscape will take shape soon. Not pipe dreams, but legits. Obviously, the other 3 schools won't be competing in the same pool of possible coaches that are available, or looking for change.

Last edited:
Didn't scan past first page, so if there is an updated thread it is buried deeper...So, here are the current openings. FL the only real competition for the first good hire. FCS not listed. Possible openings coming soon not listed.

Florida
Tennessee
Ole Miss
Oregon State
GA Southern
UTEP

Would be interesting see see list of legit possible coaches attached atleast to the SEC schools, as that landscape will take shape soon. Not pipe dreams, but legits. Obviously, the other 3 schools won't be competing in the same pool of possible coaches that are available, or looking for change.

Right now its just Florida and Tenn competing, Ole Miss is gonna be on probation for a long time, no good coach will touch them if they are smart!

Reactions: 1 person
Right now its just Florida and Tenn competing, Ole Miss is gonna be on probation for a long time, no good coach will touch them if they are smart!

I think Matt Luke prob a good choice to keep in place to work through the storm down there, then look for a coach. He will be a good clean up image, and decent enough a coach to keep it from falling into oblivion.

Reactions: 2 people

Florida
Tennessee
Ole Miss
Texas A&M
Oregon State
GA Southern
UTEP

We currently have the 2nd best job open

I would like to know why VolNation thinks we will get a "Top" coaching candidate? I am sorry but we aren't attractive at all. Recruiting is a bust for this year as well. I will be SHOCKED if we get Frost, Mullen or Kelly

I would like to know why VolNation thinks we will get a "Top" coaching candidate? I am sorry but we aren't attractive at all. Recruiting is a bust for this year as well. I will be SHOCKED if we get Frost, Mullen or Kelly

Blind ambition mostly. Theoretically, UT should be a typical top 5 landing spot. Prior to LK, we had coaching stability for decades and an opening would be desirable and attractive. the admin has not proved to be supportive or very smart with the last 3 hiring cycles. It hurts. So, we hope for the best to get back on track. BJ had alot going for him to be that guy, but as time progressed he lacked a few traits to be the long termer like PF and JM.

your the top coach in the market are you picking Fla that carries the top recruits in the nation or Tennessee? Lets hope FLA flops because no coach in there right mind takes Tenn over Fla as much as it hates me to say that.

we are lucky that Auburn isn't looking as well

Yep. That GA blowout bout him into atleast the first half of next season. Pre-nup to soften the blow if/when he loses to Bama again in couple of weeks.

VN Store

Back