Florida has reached out to Bob Stoops, Chip Kelly already

I think Charlie Strong would do well there. Chip Kelly will be a nightmare for defensive coordinators wherever he goes.

You know...they’ll be the ones to punch us in the mouth 👄 for years to come, if Currie don’t hurry up and do something now! Or do we punch 🥊 him in the mouth, to get him to hurry up?

Florida AD responds to report indicating Gators down to 3 candidates

It will be interesting to see how Gator nation responds to the report, but one fan made their feelings known right off the bat. Twitter user @ChrisATLprayer said they would stop being a Gators fan if any of these coaches were hired and went so far as to tag Stricklin in the tweet.

Stricklin responded with his PSA for fans:

DONvGECUEAAiOdH

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Fake list. But Chip would pay his own way to Gainesville. Whoever they select, Florida is going to get first dibs on the cream of the HC crop.

Is this the same article that Andy Staples and Finebaum laughed at on tv?

Any respectable coach ought to think twice about accepting the job at Florida after the way they ousted McElwain. Any respectable agents of said coaches is going to point out that fact as well.

Any respectable coach ought to think twice about accepting the job at Florida after the way they ousted McElwain. Any respectable agents of said coaches is going to point out that fact as well.

Why? He apparently didn't get along with the admin from the beginning, and then he committed the cardinal sin of started not winning enough. He left himself less room for error based on how he acted. Make no mistake - if he was winning more, he'd still be there. Florida treated him no differently than any big football school would have.

I don't remember that at all. I remember people not knowing exactly what to make of that hire, other than people generally trusted Jeremy Foley's judgement because of his reputation. Some people were surprised they didn't get Mullen.

I distinctly remember reading on VN about how great JM was going to be. How his offenses were going to light things up. How he was going to get a QB and then look out. The battered Vol fan syndrome with Florida is unreal. Anytime UF starts talking about a coaching change, many Vol fans start peeing their pants in fear. Oh no, UF is gonna get so and so and they are going to crush us for the next 20 years. Blah, blah, blah.

I personally dont care who UF gets. I fully expect them to get a big time guy given their last 2 hires. Also, I fully expect Currie to get us a Google coach.

I distinctly remember reading on VN about how great JM was going to be. How his offenses were going to light things up. How he was going to get a QB and then look out. The battered Vol fan syndrome with Florida is unreal. Anytime UF starts talking about a coaching change, many Vol fans start peeing their pants in fear. Oh no, UF is gonna get so and so and they are going to crush us for the next 20 years. Blah, blah, blah.

I personally dont care who UF gets. I fully expect them to get a big time guy given their last 2 hires. Also, I fully expect Currie to get us a Google coach.

That's because no matter who they get, they'll inevitably crush us with that coach. Not necessarily college football at large.

Unfortunately, they are really overdue to have a great coach again. Despite the school's reputation as a great program and it being a great job, and despite Jeremy Foley's reputation as a great AD, they have whiffed on 2 straight coaching hires post-Urban. In fact, Foley whiffed way more often than he got a hit on football coaches. He got Urban, but Zook, Muschamp, and McElwain were bad hires. Stricklin will probably find a good one now.

VN Store

Back