LiAneglo Ball and 2 other UCLA players facing 3-10 years in China prison

Dad needs to cut a deal - "listen you Chinese - if you don't let him go, and play basketball and be better than Michael Jordan, you are going to lose so much money in shipping 'Ball Shoes' (Air Balls) to the USA after he's famous. Most likely your economy will collapse"

They gotta let him go after Daddy makes this pitch.

He's about to be a slave on moron mountain.

giphy.gif

What an idiot. I doubt he gets out of a prison sentence there from what's reported. China will make sure he serves time so that the people don't get up in arms at him being treated differently than them.

I shoplifted a baseball card from a Winn Dixie when I was 5 because the pack was already opened and so I thought they were free. My mom found out, drove me back and made me apologize to the manager. I wonder what LaVar's dumbass will do.

I guess China was a more acceptable place to travel than Tennessee, Alabama, North Carolina or Texas.
Do you think Chinese prisons have transgender bathrooms?

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
I shoplifted a baseball card from a Winn Dixie when I was 5 because the pack was already opened and so I thought they were free. My mom found out, drove me back and made me apologize to the manager. I wonder what LaVar's dumbass will do.

He’s already said it’s no big deal. This guy only cares about 1 thing.... having his name in the news and promoting BBB

He should start BBBB big baller bail bonds

Reactions: 5 people
I guess China was a more acceptable place to travel than Tennessee, Alabama, North Carolina or Texas.
Do you think Chinese prisons have transgender bathrooms?

China has such a pristine human rights record that they are OK with playing there. Much better on human rights than Tennessee or North Carolina.

I guess China was a more acceptable place to travel than Tennessee, Alabama, North Carolina or Texas. Do you think Chinese prisons have transgender bathrooms?

I don't agree with a boycott over transgender bathrooms, but there is a huge practical difference. Having open lines of communication and exposure between China and the west has been good for the Chinese. It leads to improvement on their human rights record. Boycotting them would probably have the opposite effect. Do you choose the positive outcome or do you choose the negative one so that people don't call you a hypocrite?

Boycotting Tennessee isn't going to do anything either way.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't agree with a boycott over transgender bathrooms, but there is a huge practical difference. Having open lines of communication and exposure between China and the west has been good for the Chinese. It leads to improvement on their human rights record. Boycotting them would probably have the opposite effect. Do you choose the positive outcome or do you choose the negative one so that people don't call you a hypocrite?

I roll my eyes at gestures like that because it is a textbook case of virtue signaling. If it were about actual human rights, they'd never have a game in China.

Reactions: 6 people

neither is BBB boycotting China.

I roll my eyes at gestures like that because it is a textbook case of virtue signaling. If it were about actual human rights, they'd never have a game in China.

Yeah they would, for the exact reasons I just explained. The two instances are not comparable.

Yeah they would, for the exact reasons I just explained. The two instances are not comparable.

Do you really think the NCAA cares about human rights in China? They don't, just like they don't care about the bathroom bill either.

The only difference in the two situations is that the bathroom bill issue is closer to home and politically charged, allowing them to virtue signal. Hence the ban on games in certain states.

Human rights in China is not a front-burner hot button political issue in the United States. If it was, they wouldn't play a game in China either.

Same thing happened with me, a pair of scissors though lol.

Same thing happened with me, a pair of scissors though lol.

Mine was piece of chewing gum at around 5 yrs. old. I'll never forget getting my a$$ wore out by dad and then having to go back in the store, sobbing, to pay for the 5 cent piece of gum. Haven't really cared for chewing gum (or taking things that I didn't pay for) since then.

Reactions: 2 people

I'm not advocating boycotting China, but don't have some faux outrage travel ban about human rights and then fund a state university to travel to a country with an abysmal human rights record. That's hypocritical, I don't know how you're suggesting I am being that way.

Georgia Tech versus UCLA bringing the East and West together with a show of amazingly mediocre brands of basketball.

Reactions: 2 people
Trumps in China.

We need a Lavar Trump press conference. Trump would likely get a lifetime Big Baller pass

VN Store

Back