FLORIDA ATLANTIC (Kiffin) vs Marshall

DeepSpringsVol

Getting to prominence will take time.
I'm pulling for Lane. I would love to have him take Butch's spot if our first couple targets decline.

Reactions: 2 people
Monte Kiffins is a defensive consultant with Lane. Wow

I'd take him in a heartbeat

You were over whelmed by his 7 wins here or by his losing of the sun bowl to GA Tech? He is an excellent OC. That's his ceiling. Or being a top level CUSA coach. There is a reason he has fallen as far as he has. He is not mature enough to run a big time program.

Stupid by the Marshall player. He should have went down and they could have had a throw to the end zone.

Reactions: 1 person
You were over whelmed by his 7 wins here or by his losing of the sun bowl to GA Tech? He is an excellent OC. That's his ceiling. Or being a top level CUSA coach. There is a reason he has fallen as far as he has. He is not mature enough to run a big time program.

I saw us start a season terribly, and get better by the game. I saw a quarterback get death threats in 2008, turn into arguably the sec second best qb and make the NFL. To be 7-5 it actually was a fun season. Should've beaten #1 Alabama. And if he had stayed, recruiting would've stayed hot and we would've won alot of games over the next few seasons. The guy can flat coach, don't let your hate and personal feeling about the guy block you from seeing it. He's lighting it up at FAU, with a team that went 3-9 last season.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Kiffin would be leaps better than Butch. Lol.

Not my first choice, but definitely could do worse than Kiffin.

Reactions: 4 people
I saw us start a season terribly, and get better by the game. I saw a quarterback get death threats in 2008, turn into arguably the sec second best qb and make the NFL. To be 7-5 it actually was a fun season. Should've beaten #1 Alabama. And if he had stayed, recruiting would've stayed hot and we would've won alot of games over the next few seasons. The guy can flat coach, don't let your hate and personal feeling about the guy block you from seeing it. He's lighting it up at FAU, with a team that went 3-9 last season.

His play calling was hot garbage at USC. He was universally laughed at for it. I mean god awful. I don't hate the guy. Would be fine with him as an OC. Again there is a reason he the HC where he is.

The common belief is that his play calling was bad bc he was trying to do too much.

His play calling was hot garbage at USC. He was universally laughed at for it. I mean god awful. I don't hate the guy. Would be fine with him as an OC. Again there is a reason he the HC where he is.

The common belief is that his play calling was bad bc he was trying to do too much.

He also had no idea how bad the NCAA sanctions were going to be. It hurt him terribly later in his tenure there. I'd take him in a heartbeat with Kendall Briles right now. Wy better than what we have. Be nice to see some player development again.

Reactions: 3 people
He also had no idea how bad the NCAA sanctions were going to be. It hurt him terribly later in his tenure there. I'd take him in a heartbeat with Kendall Briles right now. Wy better than what we have. Be nice to see some player development again.

Better then what we have is a very low bar. Why do you think he is now the HC at that school? How often is a Saban coordinator ignored by ALL big schools? He has huge maturity issues. He has proven he can't be trusted.

Better then what we have is a very low bar. Why do you think he is now the HC at that school? How often is a Saban coordinator ignored by ALL big schools? He has huge maturity issues. He has proven he can't be trusted.

Actually he hates Saban. He also would crawl back to Knoxville if given the opportunity. He knows he should have never left. But it was also his dream job. I don't blame him for taking it. I do think he regrets all his decisions at that age regarding his career.

Actually he hates Saban. He also would crawl back to Knoxville if given the opportunity. He knows he should have never left. But it was also his dream job. I don't blame him for taking it. I do think he regrets all his decisions at that age regarding his career.

Sure he hates Saban. Why do you think he is coaching the teams he is? Why do you think no serious program had interest in him? That's a huge tell. You don't go from OC at Bama, to that school, if every team in the country doesn't think you are a clown. They know more then we do. He's an ass hat.

And in all honesty he has no business hating Saban. Saban resurrected his career.

Last edited:
Sure he hates Saban. Why do you think he is coaching the teams he is? Why do you think no serious program had interest in him? That's a huge tell. You don't go from OC at Bama, to that school, if every team in the country doesn't think you are a clown. They know more then we do. He's an ass hat.

And in all honesty he has no business hating Saban. Saban resurrected his career.

He could have easily taken the LSU job and everyone would have known that Lane was running the show instead of Coach O.

However, any sane person wants to see him run a program at a smaller level before taking a bite on him.

And it’s playing out well for Lane. Schools like Arkansas, Auburn (out of pure hate for Bama), and others are gonna interview the guy.

What sucks is that if we offered him out of any job opening this offseason, he would say yes on the spot and we would be competing with Bama for league titles in 3 years Max.

The guy is an ass, sure. But he’s a smart and competitive coach. Two things we haven’t had since 2009

Reactions: 2 people
We opened the season 63-7 against Western Kentucky.

We lost 2 of our last 4 games by 25 and 23 points.

We opened the season 63-7 against Western Kentucky.

We lost 2 of our last 4 games by 25 and 23 points.

The VT bowl game was much closer than final score. Even then, by your logic, we were 2-3 plays away from being a 11-3 football team. Only bad games were Ole Miss and the unraveling vs VT. D-Mo doesn’t drop that open deep ball for TD, that bowl game is much much closer. That drop wasnt on Lane.

VN Store

Back