CFP Ranking Show

Knox-a-rue

Never Forget the Hobnail Boot Game!
Its probably got an official name but I don't know it.

Anyone plan to watch this thing tonight? I will probably check it out. Starts at 8 eastern? or 7? I heard but can't recall. They rank 25 don't they?

I bet we get to see to SEC teams in the top 4 along with Notre Dame and either Clemson or Ohio State.

What say you?

I doubt Tennessee will be ranked. That just goes to show the media bias in the sports world. No wonder ESPN is tanking.

Not surprising.

1. Georgia
2. Alabama
3. Notre Dame
4. Clemson

5. Oklahoma
6. Ohio State
7. Penn State

2 SEC teams will make the playoffs so will Notre Dame. Clemson, Oklahoma, and Ohio State are fighting for the 4th spot.

Not surprising.

1. Georgia
2. Alabama
3. Notre Dame
4. Clemson

5. Oklahoma
6. Ohio State
7. Penn State

2 SEC teams will make the playoffs so will Notre Dame. Clemson, Oklahoma, and Ohio State are fighting for the 4th spot.

Except its VASTLY different from your expert picks in the beginning of the season.

Reactions: 5 people
Its probably got an official name but I don't know it.

Anyone plan to watch this thing tonight? I will probably check it out. Starts at 8 eastern? or 7? I heard but can't recall. They rank 25 don't they?

I bet we get to see to SEC teams in the top 4 along with Notre Dame and either Clemson or Ohio State.

What say you?

I doubt Tennessee will be ranked. That just goes to show the media bias in the sports world. No wonder ESPN is tanking.

tenor.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Just think a year ago when we played the Battle At Bristol... If I said, one if these two teams will open at number thirteen in the CFP rankings next year and the other won't even merit consideration, what would you think?

Sorry to be a Debbie-Downer.

Make UT Great Again! (Jon)

Never have watched one of these shows and probably never will. It's easier to just look up the rankings shortly after they come out.

Everyone who suggested we go after Smart in 2012 was laughed at.

I'll be pretty quick to admit I was wrong about Kirby Smart. I thought it curious that he didn't take a HC job sooner than he did and thought there might be something to that, but now it is clear he was waiting for the Georgia job.

I thought that, like many other Saban assistants, he was just a button-pusher on the machine that Saban built. Through nearly 2 full seasons, it doesn't appear that way. He is recruiting the daylights out of that state, appears to be successfully implementing the Alabama template with the defense, and is letting his OC run the offense and playing to its strengths.

I still think it is too early to say that he's doing to turn Georgia into a dynasty but things are looking really good so far. Undefeated is undefeated but they only have two, IMO, impressive wins all year (at Notre Dame and Miss St). The last 4 games they have played in particular are against pretty bad football teams, but 2 of those games have been rivalry games in which they totally dismantled the opponent.

Remember though Will Muschamp went 11-2 with a Sugar Bowl appearance and top 10 finish in his second year. Even Brady Hoke looked like he had returned Michigan to national prominence in his first year (11-2, Sugar Bowl win, top 10 in coaches poll) but it was a mirage.

Remember though Will Muschamp went 11-2 with a Sugar Bowl appearance and top 10 finish in his second year. Even Brady Hoke looked like he had returned Michigan to national prominence in his first year (11-2, Sugar Bowl win, top 10 in coaches poll) but it was a mirage.

I generally don't like the "eye test", I actually hate that term thanks to a poster who shall remain unnamed. However those teams, even though they had good records, looked bad. Georgia has been dominating teams.

I generally don't like the "eye test", I actually hate that term thanks to a poster who shall remain unnamed. However those teams, even though they had good records, looked bad. Georgia has been dominating teams.

I've never seen an 11-2 team that "looked bad," especially a P5 or SEC team that won that many games. I agree that 2012 Florida didn't look as good as 2017 Georgia, but they still were (or at least appeared to be) a really good team that year. They beat a Texas A&M team in College Station who went on to go 11-2 and Manziel won the Heisman. Beat a 10-3 LSU team, an 11-2 South Carolina team, and a 12-2 ACC Champion Florida St team in Tallahassee. Only losses were to a 12-2 Georgia team that almost made it to a national title game and to a Teddy Bridgewater-led 11-2 Louisville team in the Sugar Bowl. Regardless of how they "looked" they had a great season that year with several victories over good teams.

Driskel looked like a competent QB for most of the year and their defense was championship-level. As crazy as it sounds now, things were really looking up for them at that time and people thought Muschamp was a great coach with a lot of job security. Unfortunately for him he couldn't recruit/develop offensive players and followed it up with a 4-8 the next year, which basically wiped out any positive feelings from the previous year.

VN Store

Back