Best conference

SpaceCoastVol

Jacked up on moonshine and testosterone
What is the best conference in college football right now? I'm going with Big 10. SEC might possibly be 3rd.

Fire away.

:popcorn:

Not really, i guess that plays a role if you want to blame someone else for others failures.

Alabama didnt stop Tennessee from havung a great season and Sugar bowl bid last year.
That's not what I was saying. Saban has built a dynasty. 5 stars will go there or to another conference where they can compete for a NC. (If that is not true, where are all of our 5 stars?) Kirby Smart might be building the same kind of thing in Athens, but the rest of the conference has been so coach-firing happy that they haven't been able to get any traction. We are about to see that yet again here at UT. (And I want Butch gone too). Your second statement was more of an indictment of the coaching staff again. You are right, THAT is not Bama's fault.

It's a simple thing really. win. or don't.

What I don't understand is that the blueprint is out there. Saban. Belichek. Why does everybody have to try to reinvent the wheel?

But if you won't buy that argument, will you buy the emphasis on the BCS?

/rant

That's not what I was saying. Saban has built a dynasty. 5 stars will go there or to another conference where they can compete for a NC. (If that is not true, where are all of our 5 stars?) Kirby Smart might be building the same kind of thing in Athens, but the rest of the conference has been so coach-firing happy that they haven't been able to get any traction. We are about to see that yet again here at UT. (And I want Butch gone too). Your second statement was more of an indictment of the coaching staff again. You are right, THAT is not Bama's fault.

It's a simple thing really. win. or don't.

What I don't understand is that the blueprint is out there. Saban. Belichek. Why does everybody have to try to reinvent the wheel?

/rant

I get what you are saying but Alabama only accounts for one lose on everyones record. In years past, multiple teams were winning NC now its either Bama or someone from another conference. So no team is steping up when Alabama doesnt win. But looking outside of that, the SEC ooc record isnt dominating, the bowl records are not that great, etc.

The problem with the SEC is that it is full of coordinators at HC positions and just bad coaches in general. Once the SEC goes out and hires elite coaches like the Big Ten, we will have multiple teams competing for NC's again.

We still aren't as bad as the Big 12 or Pac 12 though.

I think the SEC is the 5th best conference this year

1. Big 12
2. Big 10
3. Pac 12
4. ACC
5. SEC

The coaching in in the conference has taken a hit

But SEC is still best

Coaching has taken a huge hit. I forget where I read it, but it was a pretty interesting article which said that Saban has been terrible for the SEC. He's caused unrealistic expectations at the other schools, and coaches don't want to come in and have to deal with those. They'd rather get paid a good amount to go to schools in other conferences and likely have longer tenures without getting forced out

I think the SEC is the 5th best conference this year

1. Big 12
2. Big 10
3. Pac 12
4. ACC
5. SEC

That's crazy. I would say it hasn't been the best for 2 years, but it's probably at least top 3. The SEC is 4-1 vs the ACC.

Coaching has taken a huge hit. I forget where I read it, but it was a pretty interesting article which said that Saban has been terrible for the SEC. He's caused unrealistic expectations at the other schools, and coaches don't want to come in and have to deal with those. They'd rather get paid a good amount to go to schools in other conferences and likely have longer tenures without getting forced out
Read up a few posts. That is exactly what I was saying.:hi:

I would reverse 1 and 2. While the top end of both conferences is fairly even, the Big 10 doesn't have anything close to being as bad as Kansas and Baylor.

True, but the Big 12 gets alot better from there. There's a sizeable glut of average teams in the B1G

VN Store

Back