Jim McElwain has been fired (confirmed)

Officially reported just about everywhere now. Haven’t seen it on ESPN but all the UF beat writers are saying it’s done.

Wouldn't be shocked if they have a big name replacement before the end of the week. Maybe even Kelly.

Reactions: 8 people
He got fired for the way he handled his death threats. What a little baby!

As a grown man, unless you win a NC like Tebow, you can't go around crying about football and complaining about death threats.

Mullen or Kelly. Either will do a great job there and bring a great energy to the program. I'd take whichever one of these two they don't choose.

I hope they DO get Gruden! Butch is a battle-tested college coach and Gruden is just a desk jockey! He hasn't coached in years and only won a SB because he had Dungy's players! Knoxville should party if Gainesville lures the Gru! :rock:

Saban didn't win a superbowl either. I actually think Gruden would be a better college coach because of his personality.

This is what a program that wants to win does. I will always hope that Florida loses every game, but to admit a fact, they will always be better then us. All because they have a smarter AD.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
They are not going to pay the buyout. May eventually reach a legal settlement.

If they have to pay the buyout, they can use money gained from dental plan cost savings.

Reactions: 9 people

VN Store

Back