Sleeping giant in Athens seems to have awoken

VolInFlorida

Gator Hater
Kirby Smart is assembling so much talent it’ll take effort to screw it up.

#1 QB
#1 RB
#3 RB

All for this recruiting class on top of the success they’re having. Depending on what happens at UT and UF, UGA might run through the East’s a** the way Bama is in the West.

Reactions: 2 people
He has it going. Only way to mess that up is if they lose their focus off the field.

Winning sells.

But they sucked last year so hard to say winning generated this years success. Not saying they couldn't be building a dynasty but literally this is the worst sec east in awhile and the east has been terrible for awhile. Also didn't they bench their previous number 1 QB for the current guy? Also don't they have 2 5th year senior qb' s?

Again not saying it's not impressive how they have played thus far but just not sure Tennessee should give up either.

They looked like a complete team today. Few if any weakness.

And Eason in on cleanup duty in the V formation?! He starts at any other school in the conf. And I might include Bama I’m that. I think he’s got a better arm than Hurts.

Their recruiting looks solid too indeed. They are UGA after all. Lotsa in state talent to lock down.

Smart might be the next Home Run hire. But I really hope not.

Kirby Smart is assembling so much talent it’ll take effort to screw it up.

#1 QB
#1 RB
#3 RB

All for this recruiting class on top of the success they’re having. Depending on what happens at UT and UF, UGA might run through the East’s a** the way Bama is in the West.

He's very lucky his draft eligible players come back. With Chubb and Michele gone he isn't undefeated.

Reactions: 1 person
He's on fire. Florida recognized that if they didn't can Macelwain now, they would be the #2 east team for years to come. I'm sure they will throw gobs of money to their guy. Meanwhile UT will continue to talk to conference USA coaches!

He's very lucky his draft eligible players come back. With Chubb and Michele gone he isn't undefeated.
this. i think they had 5 or 6 guys all come back this season that could have gone in to the draft this year.

that defense is very veteran, and it won't look the same next year, and as you said, two of the RB's will be gone.

that said, they're 5 deep at RB right now, so i wouldn't be too concerned at RB, even with Chubb and Michel gone.

they're super talented and young at QB and WR. the o line will be a bit of a concern, and they'll lose their all world TE.

the defense will take some hits, but they've been rotating a lot, so younger guys are getting reps now.

i think UGA will probably still be very good next year, but they could take a step back.

but, it may not matter, cause FL and TN should be awful next year, with FL and most likely TN, both bringing in new coaches...or if we bring back butch, either way.... and i could see GA putting a string of SEC E titles together, even if just by default.

as it stands right now, USCe may be their biggest competition the next couple years.

this. i think they had 5 or 6 guys all come back this season that could have gone in to the draft this year.

that defense is very veteran, and it won't look the same next year, and as you said, two of the RB's will be gone.

that said, they're 5 deep at RB right now, so i wouldn't be too concerned at RB, even with Chubb and Michel gone.

they're super talented and young at QB and WR. the o line will be a bit of a concern, and they'll lose their all world TE.

the defense will take some hits, but they've been rotating a lot, so younger guys are getting reps now.

i think UGA will probably still be very good next year, but they could take a step back.

but, it may not matter, cause FL and TN should be awful next year, with FL and most likely TN, both bringing in new coaches...or if we bring back butch, either way.... and i could see GA putting a string of SEC E titles together, even if just by default.

as it stands right now, USCe may be their biggest competition the next couple years.

Which "all world TE" are you referring to? Isaac Nauta and Charlie Woerner are the best TEs on the team and they are just sophomores. Yes, 5 deep at RB with White and Cook coming in as freshman next year and the OL won't be a concern at all with the recruiting Pittman has been doing. They are about 8 deep on the DL also ...

Right now I think ONLY UGA has a chance to beat Bama. Very impressed with what Kirby has done with recruiting and the Dawgs look like National Title material!

Right now I think ONLY UGA has a chance to beat Bama. Very impressed with what Kirby has done with recruiting and the Dawgs look like National Title material!

May be. Very few weaknesses shown to this point.

Does UGA have a high number of upperclassmen starting on this team?

May be. Very few weaknesses shown to this point.

Does UGA have a high number of upperclassmen starting on this team?

Bellamy and Carter are both OLBs that are seniors. Chubb and Michel obviously seniors. Atkins at DL and Sanders at S is a senior. There is plenty of senior leadership as well as some guys who could leave early (Thompson and Roquan Smith .. but early reports are both of them are leaning towards staying).

The advantage they have is they have been so far ahead in a lot of the games that they have been able to get quality reps for a lot of the young guys.

Ya'll speak of Eason like Fromm beat him out and they benched the #1 QB in the nation outta HS, who is only a Sophomore, for a true Freshman. Eason is on the bench, because of injury in game 1, and is just now working his way back onto the field.

However, the success of Fromm in his absence has certainly muddied the waters of who is the starter at UGA upon his healthy return now. Gonna be interesting. And Fromm is a Georgia boy. I see Eason transferring. Possibly to Miami. Richt recruited him to GA.

Probably not but Swift is just as good as Sony, Uga has one of the very best backfields in the entire country. Losing Chubb and Sony next year will hardly affect their rushing attack

Ya'll speak of Eason like Fromm beat him out and they benched the #1 QB in the nation outta HS, who is only a Sophomore, for a true Freshman. Eason is on the bench, because of injury in game 1, and is just now working his way back onto the field.

However, the success of Fromm in his absence has certainly muddied the waters of who is the starter at UGA upon his healthy return now. Gonna be interesting. And Fromm is a Georgia boy. I see Eason transferring. Possibly to Miami. Richt recruited him to GA.

NOT SO FAST! Actually, Eason has been healthy since probably the UT game but he hasn't outperformed Fromm at practice. It's not like the kid isn't able to play, he is just option 1B at the moment. I really like Eason but there is something to be said for team chemistry.

Either way, both have been healthy for several weeks now and at this point, its a matter of who plays best each week leading up to the game.

Probably not but Swift is just as good as Sony, Uga has one of the very best backfields in the entire country. Losing Chubb and Sony next year will hardly affect their rushing attack

Perfectly said .. and Holyfield is a starter on a lot of teams as well as we saw against Florida (I get it though, by then their will was broken). But losing Chubb and Sony after this year means the Dawgs welcome in Zeus and James Cook while then having Swift and Holyfield lead the group.

May I ask, what happens to the UT backfield should Kelly leave after this year? Does Fils-Aime jump Chandler on the depth chart?

Bellamy and Carter are both OLBs that are seniors. Chubb and Michel obviously seniors. Atkins at DL and Sanders at S is a senior. There is plenty of senior leadership as well as some guys who could leave early (Thompson and Roquan Smith .. but early reports are both of them are leaning towards staying).

The advantage they have is they have been so far ahead in a lot of the games that they have been able to get quality reps for a lot of the young guys.

Horrible idea for smith and thompson to come back

They gotta be first rounders or close only thing that can change with draft status is they get hurt and fall

May I ask, what happens to the UT backfield should Kelly leave after this year? Does Fils-Aime jump Chandler on the depth chart?

Chandler will start but with the new coach I'm sure both will get carries. Jordan seems to be a pretty good find by coach G also and is already physically ready

VN Store

Back