Mean while Penn St. is beating down Ohio St.

Yep. Franklin is one of the best coaches in the country. Barkley is pretty much signing his name to the Heisman in this game.

He’s really surprised me.

I will admit, I think he’s scum but the man can coach football.

Penn St. is the perfect place for Franklin to succeed and I don’t think he’ll ever be back in the SEC.

Reactions: 2 people
Just think, we picked Butch Jones over Franklin when Franklin was right in our back yard, our administration had zero consideration of him, and we pretty much knew Franklin was a damn good coach taking Candy to back to back 9 win seasons and 3 bowl games in 3 seasons. Dave Hart=LOL

He’s really surprised me.

I will admit, I think he’s scum but the man can coach football.

Penn St. is the perfect place for Franklin to succeed and I don’t think he’ll ever be back in the SEC.

Being in Arizona, somehow I missed the boat on why Vol fans hate him so much? What happened?

Being in Arizona, somehow I missed the boat on why Vol fans hate him so much? What happened?

I think it has to do with the Vandy rape scandal.

A lot of people speculate that Franklin covered up the whole thing so he wouldn’t get caught by the NCAA and damage his reputation. I don’t doubt that he knew about it.

Apparently he’s the selfish type of person who would go out of his own way to save his ass from a certain conflict.

Now would I want him to come coach Tennessee? Personally no but I won’t deny that he’s a hell of a football coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
sammy-watkins-celebrates-td-too-early-gets-tackled-by-jets-b.gif

Reactions: 3 people
Being in Arizona, somehow I missed the boat on why Vol fans hate him so much? What happened?[/QUOT

He had nothing to do with with a cover-up. Fans are salty because he owned UT while coaching Vandy.

Don’t know that he covered it up, but he absolutely lied one way or the other about seeing the tape. Initially told the team he had, then testified under oath on Skype that he didn’t.

What are you defending him for? You hate his sorry, arrogant arse for kicking you guys to the curb, no?

Reactions: 1 person
He is one of those coaches that you w hate if he isn't your teams coach. Can't blame him for leaving for Penn State just thought he could have handled it better. He took about 8 recruits with him including McSorley who is a gamer.

No I live in Nashville and didn't feel like driving to Lexington. Dont ever feel compelled to discuss the Vols on a Vandy message board. Just curious as to why you are trolling on volnation when There is a vandy message board. I know it sucks though, I guess that's your reason? Or are you just that much of a toady?

we hated him because he was a jackwad that ran his mouth. Basically he was Kiffin for Vandy.

also I always love these threads that start with "OMG this team and coach look amazing." only to end with that coach and team losing.

Reactions: 4 people
Didn't realize I can only watch and pull for or talk about only one team. Born and raised in Antioch, TN and moved to Knoxville 14 years ago. You are right the Vandy message board sucks. Hope to see you at Neyland in a few weeks.

VN Store

Back