Player kicked off team for kneeling

I think the important thing here is 'The team agreed to stand'. I have no problem with kneeling but you can't have a cancer on the team.

Reactions: 11 people
I think the important thing here is 'The team agreed to stand'. I have no problem with kneeling but you can't have a cancer on the team.

This. If the team and coaches said it was ok to kneel, then so be it, but they didn’t. The player made his choice, which is his right, but he doesn’t have a right to stay on the team.

Reactions: 1 person
I'll be so glad when the snowflakes that are kneeling and the snowflakes that go apoplectic over someone kneeling finally come back to the regular world where we can argue and be sanctimoniously outraged over some other trivial issue. this one is getting old.

Reactions: 6 people
I'll be so glad when the snowflakes that are kneeling and the snowflakes that go apoplectic over someone kneeling finally come back to the regular world where we can argue and be sanctimoniously outraged over some other trivial issue. this one is getting old.

it used to be football we could argue over, and then politics crossed over into it.

it used to be football we could argue over, and then politics crossed over into it.

For some reason the actions of a player during the national anthem, prayer, or whatever have never impacted my enjoyment of a football game.

The NFL has let women beaters, dog killers, and (alleged) murderers continue to play but no no one seemed to care before.

A-friggin-men

I don't need my intelligence insulted by either low info athletes pretending to be socially conscious or fans breathlessly outraged over kneelers.

Reactions: 2 people
The NFL is full of the youthful snowflakes.

The reaction to McNair's comments are laughable, but typical, for this generation.

For some reason the actions of a player during the national anthem, prayer, or whatever have never impacted my enjoyment of a football game.

The NFL has let women beaters, dog killers, and (alleged) murderers continue to play but no no one seemed to care before.

Exactly.... Fans have no problem cheering on plenty of other malcontents that have committed actual crimes, yet a dude in the wrong posture during the national anthem, which they barely even acknowledged before, ruins the experience?

There are a lot of ways to look at it.

One is dragging politics into sports where no one wants it. Everything is tainted with politics these days and it seems every avenue of escape is being destroyed by the need to put in so called "progressive elements" which really just takes the fun out of it for the audience.

Another thing is, especially in regards to the NFL, this is their job. For the college players, this is their school. If I went to my job or school and put on a protest during hours where I'm supposed to be working, I'd be fired or face serious repercussions. It's not productive, it is a distraction for everyone and it is disruptive.

And no, they don't have "The right to protest" The right to protest means the government cannot censure you. No one is going to arrest these guys for protesting. But a company or school can and should shut down all of this nonsense because no one has the right to cause a ruckus in their job or their school.

The era of pouncing faux outrage is in full swing.

I believe some pro athletes may have even take the comment as a racial thing....Idk....???

I've worked in places where my manager has used this term. It was not a big deal.

Exactly.... Fans have no problem cheering on plenty of other malcontents that have committed actual crimes, yet a dude in the wrong posture during the national anthem, which they barely even acknowledged before, ruins the experience?

Actually I have always had a problem with the extreme number of felons in the NFL which is part of the reason why I have never been a supporter of the NFL. I don't watch NFL games, I don't have any NFL items in my house, don't root for teams.

I occasionally check up on certain Tennessee players to see how they are doing in the NFL and if one of the players I follow (mostly it was Peyton) goes to the Super Bowl then that was the one game of the year I might watch, although I started watching the Puppy Bowl more than the Super Bowl even when Manning was in it.

The NFL is full of the youthful snowflakes.

The reaction to McNair's comments are laughable, but typical, for this generation.

No more snowflake than the people losing their s*** about players kneeling, and making sure everyone knows it.

There are a lot of ways to look at it.

One is dragging politics into sports where no one wants it. Everything is tainted with politics these days and it seems every avenue of escape is being destroyed by the need to put in so called "progressive elements" which really just takes the fun out of it for the audience.

Another thing is, especially in regards to the NFL, this is their job. For the college players, this is their school. If I went to my job or school and put on a protest during hours where I'm supposed to be working, I'd be fired or face serious repercussions. It's not productive, it is a distraction for everyone and it is disruptive.

And no, they don't have "The right to protest" The right to protest means the government cannot censure you. No one is going to arrest these guys for protesting. But a company or school can and should shut down all of this nonsense because no one has the right to cause a ruckus in their job or their school.

Their bosses haven't stated it's mandatory they stand; so their situation and your situations are apples and oranges.

VN Store

Back