This might be Nick Saban's LEAST talented Alabama team since 2009

Dobbs 4 Heisman

I know the media hypes them up and most fans will get fooled by their success on the field and assume Alabama is stacked with NFL talent. But my God are they unimpressive athletically. All these short lil guys who aren't very explosive or athletic. They also lack the talent they used to have on the defense.

This team is right now a product of elite coaching. The talent is extremely subpar. You can quote me right now: In 5-7 years the 2017 Vols (that just got boat raced in Tuscaloosa) will have more guys playing/starting in the NFL than the 2017 Crimson Tide.

Georgia (who doesn't have much NFL talent either) must be licking their chops. This Bama team can be easily beat by a reasonably talented team that gets competent coaching.

I only see the following players from Alabama starting for at least 3-4 years in the NFL:

DB Minkah Fitzpatrick
DB Ronnie Harrison
DT Daron Payne
QB Jalen Hurt

And that freshmen class for Alabama looks terrible.

I only see the following players from Alabama starting for at least 3-4 years in the NFL:

DB Minkah Fitzpatrick
DB Ronnie Harrison
DT Daron Payne
QB Jalen Hurt

I take it back. This may be your most ridiculous post.

Reactions: 5 people
I can't. I seriously can't. This may be your WORST thread ever, and that's saying a lot.

I watched the game closely today. We were physically more talented at every position except QB and offensive line. We just have terrible coaching while Nick Saban is the GOAT.

I stand by my point. In 5 years when all these guys are in the NFL, you'll see more guys from this Tennessee team that is struggling playing in the NFL than guys on Alabama.

Yes. Butch Jones is that bad of a coach. He would probably lose to the Browns if you have him the 85 Bears defense paired with the 07 Patriots offense.

DB Minkah Fitzpatrick
DB Ronnie Harrison
DT Daron Payne
QB Jalen Hurt

Sheez, more NFL predictions? When are you going to learn dude? CBS said they had 4 1st rounders on their defense today. And you think Sophomore Hurt is their only draftee on offense? :good!:

I take it back. This may be your most ridiculous post.

I'm looking at this from a NFL perspective not college football. The NFL talent on this years Alabama team is downright awful.

Saban's most talented Alabama team in terms of NFL players was the 2010 Crimson Tide. And they ended up losing 3 games.

College success isn't real a indicator of the level of NFL talent on the team.

I'm looking at this from a NFL perspective not college football. The NFL talent on this years Alabama team is downright awful.

Saban's most talented Alabama team in terms of NFL players was the 2010 Crimson Tide. And they ended up losing 3 games.

College success isn't real a indicator of the level of NFL talent on the team.

Well if your NFL predictions tell us anything, Bama is about to have 45 players from this team become all-pro.

Reactions: 1 person
Sheez, more NFL predictions? When are you going to learn dude? CBS said they had 4 1st rounders on their defense today. And you think Sophomore Hurt is their only draftee on offense? :good!:

The NFL drafts busts in the 1st round every year.

I said guys who would start for at least 3-4 years. Obviously many of the Alabama players will be drafted. The NFL always overrates them. But once they get on the field they'll be exposed as frauds soon enough.

Just remember I said this right now. Cause by 2022 it'll be validated.

The NFL drafts busts in the 1st round every year.

I said guys who would start for at least 3-4 years. Obviously many of the Alabama players will be drafted. The NFL always overrates them. But once they get on the field they'll be exposed as frauds soon enough.

Just remember I said this right now. Cause by 2022 it'll be validated.

Another :thud:

I’m also going to marry Taylor Swift. But you won’t know about it until 2025. So you can’t call me a liar until then either!

Kentucky will win a championship in football. I promise you by 2158 UK will have AT LEAST four, maybe five. Tons of instate talent coming up in the 2030s/40s. Get rid of Mark Stoops, and we'd be a top 8 team, EASY.

DB Minkah Fitzpatrick
DB Ronnie Harrison
DT Daron Payne
QB Jalen Hurt

Hurts starting in the NFL? I have to think you’re trolling.

I wasn't impressed.

As Clemson showed last year, Hurts is a wild passer. And, only gets worse when rattled.
He has an extremely low chance as an NFL quarterback. Reminds me very much of Tim Tebow with the bad throwing mechanics.

Bama also lost too many of their edge pass rushers due to injuries and graduation.

I wasn't impressed.

As Clemson showed last year, Hurts is a wild passer. And, only gets worse when rattled.
He has an extremely low chance as an NFL quarterback. Reminds me very much of Tim Tebow with the bad throwing mechanics.

Bama also lost too many of their edge pass rushers due to injuries and graduation.

He was a true freshmen last year. Players improve over time. He's improved a lot this year. And he's still very young. Turned 19 in August. He probably won't play early in his NFL career. But like Tyrod Taylor, by year 4 or 5 he'll be a capable starter.

DB Minkah Fitzpatrick
DB Ronnie Harrison
DT Daron Payne
QB Jalen Hurt

haha-shut-up.gif

Reactions: 2 people

DB Minkah Fitzpatrick
DB Ronnie Harrison
DT Daron Payne
QB Jalen Hurt

Dude, seriously lay off the pipe. You left off these names:
Calvin Ridley
Damien Harris
Bo Scarbrough
Najee Harris
Josh Jacobs
Rashaan Evans
Levi Wallace
Anthony Averett
Lester Cotton
Da'Shawn Hand (injured, back in couple of weeks)
Shaun Dion Hamilton
Matt Womack
Bradley Bozeman
Tua Tagovailoa

And probably 10 others on their roster who will play in the NFL. I'm no Bama fan but keep in mind they started playing their second team skill players on offense early in the third quarter Saturday. A couple of them, Jerry Juedy, for instance, aren't even on the list I just gave you. But they'll probably play in the NFL, too.

And what NFL busts are you talking about? Bama has more than 40 players in the NFL right now. You mean these guys are busts?
Julio Jones. Amari Cooper (200 yds receiving, two tds in last game), Landon Collins (best safety in NFL), Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Mark Ingram, Mark Barron, Eddie Jackson (had two pick-6s today), Don'ta Hightower, Reuben Foster, OJ Howard (100 yds & TD today), CJ Mosley, T.J. Yeldon (long TD run today), DJ Fluker, Kenyan Drake, Jonathan Allen, Derrick Henry, Kareem Jackson, Andre Smith, Reggie Ragland, Chance Warmack ... I could name more if you'd like..

Last edited:
Dude, seriously lay off the pipe. You left off these names:
Calvin Ridley
Damien Harris
Bo Scarbrough
Najee Harris
Josh Jacobs
Rashaan Evans
Levi Wallace
Anthony Averett
Lester Cotton
Matt Womack
Bradley Bozeman
Tua Tagovailoa

And probably 10 others on their roster who will play in the NFL.

And what NFL busts are you talking about? Bama has more than 40 players in the NFL right now. You mean these guys are busts?
Julio Jones. Amari Cooper (200 yds receiving, two tds in last game), Landon Collins (best safety in NFL), Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Mark Ingram, Mark Barron, Eddie Jackson (had two pick-6s today), Don'ta Hightower, Reuben Foster, OJ Howard (100 yds TD today), CJ Mosley, T.J. Weldon (long TD run today), DJ Fluker, Kenyan Drake, Jonathan Allen, Derrick Henry, Kareem Jackson, Andre Smith, Reggie Ragland, Chance Warmack ... I could name more if you'd like..

If you look up the word 'Bust', there is a photo of Chance Warmack.

If you look up the word 'Bust', there is a photo of Chance Warmack.

OK, that's one out of about 45 Bama players on NFL current rosters. Probably a couple more that will be busts. But a low percentage considering how many are in the NFL. I'd guess 30 are starting, though a couple are out with injuries right now. Some (like Jackson, Cooper, Howard and Ingram lit up Twitter with their play this week).

Last edited:
Hurts is going to have to get a lot better if he is going to play in the NFL. He better save what bama is paying him. Otherwise he is going to be pumping gas along with the rest of the bama QBs.

VN Store

Back