FBI Basketball Investigation

volberry

Can someone explain why coaches have been arrested? And reportedly others will be as well. And what were the parents, aau, and shoe companies rolls? I'm confused about all of this.

I think the coaches were illegally getting money to steer certain players to certain shoe companies is the heart of it. Money from the companies to the coaches and players. That's my understanding in a nutshell. Someone can feel free to correct or clarify.

Rico act? Money Laudering?

Its why the Feds are involved

They were receiving money for pointing recruits to schools that were endorsed by particular shoe companies

Since it occurred in several different States, it makes it a RICO offense

I think the coaches were illegally getting money to steer certain players to certain shoe companies is the heart of it. Money from the companies to the coaches and players. That's my understanding in a nutshell. Someone can feel free to correct or clarify.

These runners or buffers are trouble. They are un offical go betweens like family, friends, and distant uncles who insert themselves into the process. It was a matter of time before this all blew up. Recruiting should be players, direct families, and coaches ONLY!!!

Its why the Feds are involved

They were receiving money for pointing recruits to schools that were endorsed by particular shoe companies

Since it occurred in several different States, it makes it a RICO offense

I wonder if this is how coaches get reputations of being a top recruiter? I thought they were just good at talking smack.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back