Clemson Fight Club in the locker room?

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
[twitter]https://twitter.com/hasmith84/status/921008286807351301[/twitter]

Reactions: 1 person
That is brutal. The guys cheering their teammate getting beaten should be ashamed of themselves. Or jailed. Either way...

Attachments

• quote-welcome-to-fight-club-the-first-rule-of-fight-club-is-you-do-not-talk-about-fight-club-bra.jpg
    quote-welcome-to-fight-club-the-first-rule-of-fight-club-is-you-do-not-talk-about-fight-club-bra.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: 3 people
Football players fight. Sure guys could get hurt but the whole team and probably coaches are there watching so the fights are probably broken up before anybody gets beat on too bad

But when it's a good fight with both guys taking big blows and neither wavering yea somebody could definitely get a concussion or worse

Last edited:
60 mil for a new football facility and this is what they do with it. I think we now know why Dabo bans his players from using social media.

That is brutal. The guys cheering their teammate getting beaten should be ashamed of themselves. Or jailed. Either way...

I guess that you never played sports in high school. The football locker room is no place for rules or political correctness. What is said and done is just that but it stays there.

Reactions: 4 people

Give me a break. They are wearing gloves. It's a couple of guys playing around. My friends and I used to do similar things as teenagers. MMA is popular.

There's a pretty big difference between starting a "real fight" and fighting your friends for fun.

Wimpy responses. Someday people will realize that 19-22 year olds still fight for fun.

I don't see the big deal. They are wearing gloves. My friends and I did this all thru HS and college.

I wouldn't want my players doing this but I don't see the scandal.

Last edited:
Not gonna look at it, but hoping it was Tee Martin's son taking the beating.

Rule 1: No further discussion of the fight club.

Reactions: 2 people
Players gotta size up somehow. Pretty sure most HS and colleges don't do "Bull in the Ring" anymore during practice. That was a daily routing at our HS practices in the day. Got to call out whoever you wanted and settle up.

I knew a Chief Master Sergeant that used to have two sets of boxing gloves in his desk. He had 150 troops under him and when two had an "issue, he'd let the "work" it out in a private setting.

Kindergarten boys do the same thing if you turn your head for too long. It's biological and very rarely a dangerous thing between friends

Kindergarten boys do the same thing if you turn your head for too long. It's biological and very rarely a dangerous thing between friends

Serious question, My son blacked another students eye. He's 5.. Should I be concerned or is it normal?

What stories are you hearing from the parties involved?

The other student took a toy or had a toy and Gunner my son punched him in the eye. I know I'll never know the real reason as they are both 5. I did sit Gunner down and tell him he cannot do that and kids wont be his friend if he acts like that.

The other student took a toy or had a toy and Gunner my son punched him in the eye. I know I'll never know the real reason as they are both 5. I did sit Gunner down and tell him he cannot do that and kids wont be his friend if he acts like that.

I think you handled it well enough. I'm a lot older than 5 and I want to punch people in the face everyday. It's not surprising to me if a 5 year old would do that.

People want to transfer grown up expectations, and impulsivity control onto kids. Teach from this incident (like you have done) and then in the future address the issue more sternly if you see a pattern forming.

But I'm no psychologist and many people would probably hate how I run my classroom.

And no my classroom isn't fight club, and in two years I've only had to send one child to the office for something like that. I have a high focus on creating a family like classroom environment and set clear expectations about respecting ourselves and others. From there it's just forseeing problems and running interference.

Most kids don't set out to hurt other kids and when they do it's because they lack the ability to express their emotions or are feeling like they are not being heard/understood, even if they are wrong in their actions.

A 5 year old is developmentally much closer to being a 3 year old than they are an 8 year old so most of their behaviors will be more like that of a 3 year old not an 8 year old.

And that's just based upon opinion and observation.

Last edited:
We did this crap before wrestling practice when I was in college. Young guys make questionable decisions... as long as both people agree is it really an issue?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back