Louisville Athletic Director Tom Jurich fired amid corruption scandal

Come on down to Knoxville Bobby. Lol jk, but this very much means that Petrino will leave Louisville.

At this point, I'm not sure it takes growing a pair. Their University is under FBI investigation. I'm not sure they really have a choice.

Boosters were completely losing their minds trying to influence the school to keep him. Yes, it should have been a no brainer to see Jurich fired, but this is UL. The same school that hung on to Pitino through multiple scandals, took back Petrino, and allowed Jurich to run wild for years. I'm pleasantly surprised UL did what everyone said they needed to do.

I wonder how many people know that Petrino's buyout just got cut in half..Petrino had a clause in his contract that stipulated it if Jurich was terminated.....

*Original buyout $8.5 million is now $4.25 million

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Boosters were completely losing their minds trying to influence the school to keep him. Yes, it should have been a no brainer to see Jurich fired, but this is UL. The same school that hung on to Pitino through multiple scandals, took back Petrino, and allowed Jurich to run wild for years. I'm pleasantly surprised UL did what everyone said they needed to do.

You know, though, it was in a weird way kind of refreshing what U of L had become.
They were a latter day Miami.
Renegades , hooligans, misfits.
Both coaches and players in football and basketball.
They sort of had a ...if ur not cheating, ur not trying...kind of attitude.
They were the worst role models out there and they just didn’t seem to give a s**t . That was their niche.
What will they be now?
Miami hired Reverend Richt.
Maybe Louisville can hire Hugh Freeze on the comeback....no more hooker trail?

I wonder how many people know that Petrino's buyout just got cut in half..Petrino had a clause in his contract that stipulated it if Jurich was terminated.....

*Original buyout $8.5 million is now $4.25 million

very interesting

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back