We MUST avoid this

Nebraska's dream hire is just praying for the phone call. We're praying someone will say yes. So there's that to look forward to

Last edited:
They fired a coach that won at least 9 games every season. They actually have expectations.

Reactions: 3 people
To me, we have a much brighter future than Nebraska. Recruiting is only gonna get worse for them. Nobody wants to live there. They will have to feed off of out of state almost completely for elite talent whereas with us...

instate recruiting quality is going to sky rocket in the next decade, mainly due to Nashville. Right now, the football program has more money than they know what to do with and has some of the richest boosters of any program. A quality coach is all we need.

Also, it was very fun to beat the crap out of Nebraska last year. That at least gave me something to smile about at the end of an incredibly disappointing season. They have definitely been more relevant than us this past decade, though, without question.

Reactions: 2 people
What do you mean "avoid" what happened to Nebraska? It already has happened.

Nebraska and Tennessee are already in very similar boats, although I'd rather have Tennessee's set of circumstances than Nebraska's. Nebraska has to feed entirely on out-of-state talent yet recruit kids who are in Big 12 country and want to play in the Big 12, not the Big 10. They not only have no in-state talent but also play in a conference that is a bad fit for them. They don't have as much money or as good of facilities as Tennessee does.

Tennessee just needs a great coach to return to relevance. Even if Nebraska got a great coach, I'm not sure they'd be a great program again.

Reactions: 2 people
I'd say Josh Dobbs had more to do with it than Jones

That shows you how bad this team could have been last year. It took Josh Dobbs just to get us all of 8 regular season wins, 9 if you count the bowl.

What if Dobbs got hurt and missed significant time in 2015 and/or 2016? It certainly was a possibility given how many hits he took and how many guys were getting injured generally. If Dobbs was injury-plagued, I think we are talking about Butch getting fired after the 2016 or maybe even the 2015 season.

What is it 31 out of 32 now? You sure you wanna talk garbage on VN? As of right now, our coach who is about to get fired is 4-0 vs Kentucky and only one of those games was remotely close.

Not that they should talk trash, but they are about to whoop our ***

We'll see about that. I will never concede anything to Kentucky football.

After the Florida disappointment this will be their super bowl, we will be super motivated by our 70 point beat down from Bama.. this has mail in written all over it, our players care nothing about 31/32

VN Store

Back