Malik Davis

BIG BOI 23

If you've watched UF games what are your thoughts on him? Am I homer to think we got one of the best trufrosh in the country

57 attempts 409 yds basically 8 yds a carry if you've watched UF u already know he breaks tackles and long runs

Not just him but Kadarius Toney are amazing athletes being completely underutilized

If you've watched UF games what are your thoughts on him? Am I homer to think we got one of the best trufrosh in the country

57 attempts 409 yds basically 8 yds a carry if you've watched UF u already know he breaks tackles and long runs

Not just him but Kadarius Toney are amazing athletes being completely underutilized

Went to the UF game. The Gator fans around me talked about how great Toney was in high school yet Mac takes him out after all his big runs.

I don't know much about him, saw him yesterday -- not really impressed by either LSU or Florida to be honest. Looks a tad small to be an every down back in the SEC. He had a few nice runs on LSU, but LSU has been giving those up all year. What LSU has been doing is stuff the run about 70-80% of the time, but the then the other team gets a 20-30 yards quite a lot as well when they aren't stuffed.

Hard to see whether he is good or not to be honest -- LSU isn't a good team.

Reactions: 1 person
Toney reminds me of Quinton Flowers, qb at USF. Great runner. Flowers is only average as a passer but USF doesn't ask him to win games with his arm. I've read locally that UF has no plans to play Toney at qb, just in the wildcat. Not sure why they are writing him off since Franks isn't tearing it up. Don't watch UF enough to have an opinion of Davis.

Toney reminds me of Quinton Flowers, qb at USF. Great runner. Flowers is only average as a passer but USF doesn't ask him to win games with his arm. I've read locally that UF has no plans to play Toney at qb, just in the wildcat. Not sure why they are writing him off since Franks isn't tearing it up. Don't watch UF enough to have an opinion of Davis.

Completely agree he should get a shot at QB

I don't know much about him, saw him yesterday -- not really impressed by either LSU or Florida to be honest. Looks a tad small to be an every down back in the SEC. He had a few nice runs on LSU, but LSU has been giving those up all year. What LSU has been doing is stuff the run about 70-80% of the time, but the then the other team gets a 20-30 yards quite a lot as well when they aren't stuffed.

Hard to see whether he is good or not to be honest -- LSU isn't a good team.

Not impressed cuz he got 14 carries

With those 14 car he got 90 yards just be happy mac held him back another 10 carries and we win

He wasn't all that at uf till his last year then he went off

Before that Terry Jackson was the #1 back

Fred Taylor was all that...and then some.

He couldn't keep his nose clean off the field and split snaps with Eli Williams and Terry Jackson. Anyone paying attention back then could see Taylor was the best of that group.

Eli Williams switched to DB in '97 and Jackson got hurt, which allowed Fred to shine.

Not impressed cuz he got 14 carries

With those 14 car he got 90 yards just be happy mac held him back another 10 carries and we win

The reason he didn't get 10 more carries is because he was getting 1-3 yards on the majority of his carries. 9 of his 14 carries were for 3 yards or less, 4 of the 9 were for 1 yard or less. Hence, Florida couldn't get first downs and a good portion of that was because he was only getting a few yards on first down -- which was leading to 3rd and medium/long. I doesn't matter if you get a few 10-30 yard runs if you can't get a first down after that.

This was pretty typical LSU D this season -- mostly stuff the run but allowing quite a few 10-25 yard runs. Miss assignments or taking bad angles, Key should be on the bench most of the game.

I am not saying he is bad, but LSU really isn't good -- so very hard to tell.

He couldn't keep his nose clean off the field and split snaps with Eli Williams and Terry Jackson. Anyone paying attention back then could see Taylor was the best of that group.

Eli Williams switched to DB in '97 and Jackson got hurt, which allowed Fred to shine.
Don't get me wrong Fred Taylor was a monster 6'1" 230 with legit 4.3ish speed and able to shake fools out there shoes dude consistently made people look stupid in the league

But for what ever reason he never broke out till his last year as a gator

Kid's a beast.

And where did Toney come from? He was a 3 star? Wth?

Kid's a beast.

And where did Toney come from? He was a 3 star? Wth?

Toney was a high school QB. Not sure if the 3* rating was him being projected as a QB or ATH.

If it was ATH, somebody understated his ranking.

Toney is Percy-esque.

I agree.... dude was tough as nails

Who knows at this point, but miles better than their other mediocre backs. That's for sure

VN Store

Back