Ole Miss vs Auburn

CountVolcula

Eternal Vol
Landshark D looks great..lol

Auburn goes under center on 4th and 1 and converts

7-0 Auburn

Ole Miss's program is going to be a black hole for at least a decade. They might not even make a bowl for 10 years.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't understand why Malzahn was supposedly on the hot seat earlier this year.

I don't understand why Malzahn was supposedly on the hot seat earlier this year.

...he wasnt? There were some rumbles last year but that's mostly from an unhappy fanbase with unrealistic expectations. Malzahn is too valuable to fire - plus he's set up nicely - contract goes to 2020 and the buyout would make Auburn's AD sweat just thinking about it.

So does Ole Miss fire Matt Luke or let him ride out the NCAA penalties? I don't see any coach worth his salt taking the job.

So does Ole Miss fire Matt Luke or let him ride out the NCAA penalties? I don't see any coach worth his salt taking the job.

I bet they keep Luke, not because they let him ride out the penalties, but because they can't find anybody else to take the job.

Ole Miss isn't a great job even when you aren't in NCAA trouble. What Freeze did there, even though he was cheating, was really impressive. I actually think the guy can coach.

...he wasnt? There were some rumbles last year but that's mostly from an unhappy fanbase with unrealistic expectations. Malzahn is too valuable to fire - plus he's set up nicely - contract goes to 2020 and the buyout would make Auburn's AD sweat just thinking about it.

He wasn't in reality but the fanbase were ready to run him off. And not just some fringe internet messageboard group; I know several Auburn fans and all of them were talking about how they were ready to move on.

Jordan Rodgers just highlighted the difference between a competent coach like Malzahn and an incompetent one like Butch. They showed a read option play Auburn ran from their 2013 game against us; Marshall pulls the ball out and runs down the gaping left side for a TD. In today's game, they run the exact same concept with Stidham, but he's not as good of a runner so he pulls the ball and dumps off a short pass to a WR cutting across the formation. Just as effective of a play, but you tweak the play to adapt to your personnel.

Good coaches like Malzahn adapt; Butch stands there smashing his head into a brick wall and wonders why it hurts.

Jordan Rodgers just highlighted the difference between a competent coach like Malzahn and an incompetent one like Butch. They showed a read option play Auburn ran from their 2013 game against us; Marshall pulls the ball out and runs down the gaping left side for a TD. In today's game, they run the exact same concept with Stidham, but he's not as good of a runner so he pulls the ball and dumps off a short pass to a WR cutting across the formation. Just as effective of a play, but you tweak the play to adapt to your personnel.

Good coaches like Malzahn adapt; Butch stands there smashing his head into a brick wall and wonders why it hurts.

Indeed...

And furthermore, he has the audacity to try to explain his stubborn nature.

VN Store

Back