DJ Durkin

Booker512

So. Let's say that DJ Durkin beats Ohio State this week.

Does that push him to the top of the up and comer list?

That would give him wins over Tom Herman, Urban Meyer and PJ Fleck this season alone....while having Maryland Talent.

That's nothing to scoff at. Maryland is at a serious talent disadvantage to Texas and Ohio state, and probably about even with Minnesota.

He's got a good personality. Is a lights out, slam the door, money in the bank Defensive mind. Seems to put a high priority on athletes not being criminals.

Only makes $2.5 million a year at Maryland. Would probably walk on broken glass to return to the weak SEC east to make $4.5 million a year.

DJ sounds a lot cooler than "Butch".....jusss sayin...

Reactions: 1 person
That's a very impressive list of coaches he would have beaten

Ya I think he would be near the top

I know he's worked with a lot of great coaches inclined Meyer and Harbaugh. He specializes in defense but seems to hire good coaches that put up points on offense. There's a lot to like

Last edited:
Scott Frost says hello.

You think he's waiting on Nebraska? I know Nebraska fans seemed confident a while back that Frost would be taking over after their current coach, they were just waiting to see if Frost turned out to be a good HC.

You think he's waiting on Nebraska? I know Nebraska fans seemed confident a while back that Frost would be taking over after their current coach, they were just waiting to see if Frost turned out to be a good HC.

The delay is ceremonial.

I think that could be a good hire, but let's see how he performs the rest of this season. Some impressive wins so far this year but remember he lost by a combined score of 121-6 to Michigan and Ohio State last year.

I like the fact that he's a defensive guy and has a history of being a really good recruiter. It would be key for him to hire a really good offensive coordinator.

I think he'd probably go to Nebraska. Although, if for some crazy reason we reach out before they do, it'd be a good get.

I think he'd probably go to Nebraska. Although, if for some crazy reason we reach out before they do, it'd be a good get.

He's absolutely going there. Frost is a Peyton Manning-like figure at Nebraska. If he wants to go there, they won't even consider anyone else, just like we probably wouldn't consider anyone else if Peyton showed an interest in coming here.

That's a very impressive list of coaches he would have beaten

Ya I think he would be near the top

I know he's worked with a lot of great coaches inclined Meyer and Harbaugh. He specializes in defense but seems to hire good coaches that put up points on offense. There's a lot to like

Urban Meyer is. The other two on the list are still unproven.

No thank you

1) he won't beat OSU
2) when he finishes with a losing record in the B1G, or even 6-6 then nobody will be talking about him

I'd rather keep Butch than hire this guy

When did he beat Harbaugh?

When did Harbaugh beat Harbaugh? Or you mean when did Harbaugh beat Urban? Beating Urban Meyer is the sole determinant of what makes you a "proven" coach?

He turned Stanford...Stanford! into a top 5 team and immediately made a moribund Michigan program into a top 10 team again. Throw in the NFL success (3 trips to conference title games in 4 years) and I think he's more than proven himself. He's only had 2 shots at Urban and he'll have another this year.

When did Harbaugh beat Harbaugh? Or you mean when did Harbaugh beat Urban? Beating Urban Meyer is the sole determinant of what makes you a "proven" coach?

He turned Stanford...Stanford! into a top 5 team and immediately made a moribund Michigan program into a top 10 team again. Throw in the NFL success (3 trips to conference title games in 4 years) and I think he's more than proven himself. He's only had 2 shots at Urban and he'll have another this year.

Christ! Did you even read the post I was responding to?

So. Let's say that DJ Durkin beats Ohio State this week.

Does that push him to the top of the up and comer list?

That would give him wins over Tom Herman, Urban Meyer and PJ Fleck this season alone....while having Maryland Talent.

That's nothing to scoff at. Maryland is at a serious talent disadvantage to Texas and Ohio state, and probably about even with Minnesota.

He's got a good personality. Is a lights out, slam the door, money in the bank Defensive mind. Seems to put a high priority on athletes not being criminals.

Only makes $2.5 million a year at Maryland. Would probably walk on broken glass to return to the weak SEC east to make $4.5 million a year.

DJ sounds a lot cooler than "Butch".....jusss sayin...

. Here it is 05. He mentions Meyer, Fleck, and Herman. Where do you see anything about Harbaugh?

His offensive coordinator is Walt Bell. Born and raised outside of Nashville. Played QB and WR at MTSU. Worked under Blake Anderson at Ark State, Larry Fedora and Mike Gundy.

His defensive coordinator is Brian Stewart who spent almost 10 years working in the NFL before joining Durkin's staff.

I like Durkin. Here is my problem. If Under Armour likes what he has been doing there, then we aren't getting him. The UA guy will pay the market value to keep Durkin in Maryland.

I told you guys not to touch this game. We got a wild one on fox. Durkin knows he is being look at for UT. The really great thing is he is doing it with hi 3rd string QB. If you haven't been watching don't let the score board fool you right now... those were early scores right out the gate. Maryland is in this one right now.

VN Store

Back